By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Red Paul Get well soon thread

Swan Red

Paul, one of the original owners of this forum and one of the reasons this forum exists has had a serious stroke and is currently in hospital in Poole after being taken ill while abroad. He's improving while in hospital but is still suffering paralysis down his left side and is having difficulty speaking in part due to a tracheostomy. I'd just like to wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.

I'm sure he'd welcome any thoughts from the forum and if anyone local to Poole fancies paying him a visit he'd welcome that as well.

All the best mate.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add, although this is horrible news, the situation seems far far better than when we first heard, where the news was “he’s had a stroke, has been unconscious for over a week and is in hospital in Austria”

So I’d imagine he’s feeling frustrated about not being able to do the things he wants to do and maybe the road ahead but there’s also a lot to be grateful for

So in conclusion, see you soon Paul

Visiting is 2pm to 8pm. His family generally get there late afternoon so earlier is probably best. He's doing very well.

I cant get there anytime soon Murph but give him and the family every best wish in the world. I've IM'd you to on FB

Just to add, although this is horrible news, the situation seems far far better than when we first heard, where the news was “he’s had a stroke, has been unconscious for over a week and is in hospital in Austria”

So I’d imagine he’s feeling frustrated about not being able to do the things he wants to do and maybe the road ahead but there’s also a lot to be grateful for

So in conclusion, see you soon Paul

Seconded G. Hope to see him very soon