Sign in to follow this  
Swan Red

Red Paul Get well soon thread

What awful news, Murph please pass on my wishes to him.

I won't be seeing Paul again for probably a week or two at which point I will print these pages off so he can see for himself how much goodwill he generates. I don't know why like, he's an attack dog  :D  I think Eskimo is coming with me, he's got to know RP in recent times being a Dorset boy now, anybody else want to come or wants to visit Paul under their own steam and needs directions and details, just let me know.

Probably best to give Paul a week or two's gap between Murph visits - hospital can be depressing enough without him showing up every 5 minutes

More seriously... all the best to you, Paul. Been thinking about you for a while, hope things continue to progress positively. I know it can be a long road, but every journey starts with a small step or some other supposedly inspirational quote!

Probably best to give Paul a week or two's gap between Murph visits - hospital can be depressing enough without him showing up every 5 minutes

More seriously... all the best to you, Paul. Been thinking about you for a while, hope things continue to progress positively. I know it can be a long road, but every journey starts with a small step or some other supposedly inspirational quote!

What I am really surprised is Murph has managed to get in to a hospital and get out again with out being questioned. Are you on your own? Is someone meeting you here? Is there someone we can call for you? Do you know you've got no trousers on? 

Murph’s report last week was awesome. As Molby pointed out, the initial report was pretty dire. Murph said that when he saw him he was in fine form relatively speaking. He’d seen people like that before (hundreds in the past 170 years of his life) and relatively speaking, Paul was better than most. It was great news.

For those of you who don’t know him, Paul is an absolutely top-notch guy. Friendly, generous and astute. Not at all like the prickly persona he sometimes exhibits on here. That’s just an act to keep you tossers in check.

So, for those of you who are religious, pray for him. For those of you who aren’t, then hope like hell for his recovery. He’s a good man and we need him back. YNWA mate.

Wishing you all the best, mate, sounds like a horrible thing to happen but I'm sure you'll get through it. Get well soon. And I don't just mean well enough to get home soon, but well enough to be able to hide from Murph when he comes a-visiting. 

Wow, this is RP you're talking about?

Feck sake, that's shocking news. Obviously we've not met (as far as I know!), but talking about 'Paul', the penny didn't drop, sorry.

So, yes, absolutely, sending thoughts and the very best of wishes to you, mate.

Wishing you all the best, mate, sounds like a horrible thing to happen but I'm sure you'll get through it. Get well soon. And I don't just mean well enough to get home soon, but well enough to be able to hide from Murph when he comes a-visiting.

It’s part of his recovery. We’ve been talking to the physio staff and they’ve warned Paul that unless he tries really hard in his therapy, Murph will be in to bust his balls. Supposedly it is very effective. He’s zooming around on his Zimmer frame and jumping and jiving.

Murph is crafty. But good.

Been wondering if there’s anything we could do for him or send him to cheer him up a bit. Although I realise asking a load of blokes this kind of thing isn’t ideal.

On top of Murph visiting of course.

Been wondering if there’s anything we could do for him or send him to cheer him up a bit. Although I realise asking a load of blokes this kind of thing isn’t ideal.

On top of Murph visiting of course.

We could stop Murph visiting.

Murph’s report last week was awesome. As Molby pointed out, the initial report was pretty dire. Murph said that when he saw him he was in fine form relatively speaking. He’d seen people like that before (hundreds in the past 170 years of his life) and relatively speaking, Paul was better than most. It was great news.

For those of you who don’t know him, Paul is an absolutely top-notch guy. Friendly, generous and astute. Not at all like the prickly persona he sometimes exhibits on here. That’s just an act to keep you tossers in check.

So, for those of you who are religious, pray for him. For those of you who aren’t, then hope like hell for his recovery. He’s a good man and we need him back. YNWA mate.

Point of order, I have ONE mate who suffered a stroke of the same magnitude as Paul. He eventually made a remarkable recovery but was nowhere near where Paul is in such a short time. It's a long road but he'll get there. You lot do know he'll still call you all out when he's back, a few soppy sentiments won't stop him having fun?

Oh and feck off Jonesy.....

Get well soon Paul.

For once I agree with Murph... f*** of Jonesy... unless you are dealing with my box obviously.