By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Everton - 17 oct - 12.30pm

growler

1 hour ago, kop205 said:

I don't necessarily think it was a fake shout. Big call to make that.

I also don't think Bobby said anything wrong.

Think this was spot on. I think Holgate was mistaken rather and it be ing malicious.

23 minutes ago, Boca said:

Yeah that's the one I'm thinking of. Ffs there was nothing in that.

It was a terrible challenge. We start to look a bit ridiculous if we complain about some of their ones but say that one was ok. The difference is that they have probably two such example to point to in the last twenty years. We've probably got 10 or 15.

2 minutes ago, kop205 said:

It was a terrible challenge. We start to look a bit ridiculous if we complain about some of their ones but say that one was ok. The difference is that they have probably two such example to point to in the last twenty years. We've probably got 10 or 15.

It was equally reckless I agree. 

1 hour ago, Boca said:

Finally got round to talking to the the bluenose brother about the match.

He agreed that Pickford should have gone and the Henderson goal should have stood but reverted to type saying Roberston should have been sent off and Van Dijk got away with two yellows early on.

Also said it's about time they got a bit of luck in the derby after "Kuyt and Gerrard got away with it for years" 🙄

22/23 red cards in this fixture now - the most in top division history and all the mad b/c the 1st sending off wasn't till 77/78 when there was a mass brawl & Terry Mac had a bluenose by the next. Of all of those reds they're outnumbering us 2:1

And Gerrard got sent off - so hardly getting away with it

4 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Kuyt one was a shocker. He of course should have been sent off.

If your argument is 'yeah, but what about this 12 years ago', though, then it's a s*** argument.

exactly - especially when you compare what Barkely alone has done, don't know how Lovren's shin didn't snap

22 hours ago, Rory Fitzgerald said:

I've always found the "frames-per-second" thing to be a bit of a nonsense because every decision is being analyzed by the same technology.

Where I think there can be room for improvement is for technology to make the determination initially and then let the VAR ref see if see if there are any anomolies with the outcome of technology. 

Rather than a person controlling the moment for the freeze-frame (ball kicked) and then trying to pick the points of the offside, let the AI make that determination. The simplest thing for the technology might be for it to just take the position of the feet rather than drop down lines from shoulders.

Overall though, VAR offside has eradicated human error so that anything shown with more than - what - maybe 5 to 6 inches now seems like daylight. But I'm amazed how many goals come about from these marginal calls of maybe 1 to 2 inches. When VAR came in, I never even contemplated these types of decisions never mind the volume of them.

Surely the correct way to judge the absolute point at which the ball is played is the point where the ball changes trajectory.

11 minutes ago, philmatthews said:

Surely the correct way to judge the absolute point at which the ball is played is the point where the ball changes trajectory.

We are assuming these pricks can actually use the software and hardware correctly too though 

Under pressure having to make a quick decision whilst probably wrestling with the mouse as well as minimising minesweeper these pricks can easily make mistakes 

Bet they f*** up loads in their lives. Homes are probably full of s*** uneven shelving and duck tape holding the place together 

Edited by Barnesy_10
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Barnesy_10 said:

We are assuming these pricks can actually use the software and hardware correctly too though 

Under pressure having to make a quick decision whilst probably wrestling with the mouse as well law minimising minesweeper these pricks can easily make mistakes 

Bet they f*** up loads in their lives. Homes are probably full of s*** uneven shelving and duck tape holding the place together 

Yeah. It's really frustrating though. There are some parts of the equation which they can calculate with absolute certainty. The moment when the ball changes trajectory is one of them. The lines across the pitch that the offside should be calculated against is another.

Offside by the rules is an absolute decision. Maybe what they should do is change the rules to allow some ambiguity "...if the player's arm appears to be in an offside position". That then allows the ref to make the call and VAR overrule if it's a clear and obvious mistake by the ref. With the best will in the world, that wasn't a clear and obvious mistake by the referee to allow that goal to stand.

3 minutes ago, philmatthews said:

How you define the ball being kicked is going to be slightly different each time, but really, as we've said, it should be done by computer.  Each frame around the time the ball is kicked fed in and an algorithm arriving at a composite and (for all intents and purposes) an exact moment. The same process then does the same to "draw the lines" and arrive at a decision. This would be almost instant and devoid of any accusations of team bias by a human. 

26 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Under pressure having to make a quick decision whilst probably wrestling with the mouse as well as minimising minesweeper these pricks can easily make mistakes 

And actually hitting their laptop with a hammer instead of updating Java. 

Definitely McAfee users. 

1 minute ago, DecidedByPoll said:

Mirallas got away with this one too. As bad a challenge you will see. 

I think what I hate most about it is that they are all really f***ing cowardly. 

I'm seriously on the verge of saving all these to a file for the next time I have a disagreement with any of them.

23 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

I'm seriously on the verge of saving all these to a file for the next time I have a disagreement with any of them.

I can't think of any we did on them that resulted in serious injuries? Did Naysmith? Think he played on didn't he? Mad challenge by Gerrard yeah but not a season-ender.

29 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

I can't think of any we did on them that resulted in serious injuries? Did Naysmith? Think he played on didn't he? Mad challenge by Gerrard yeah but not a season-ender.

Kyrgiakos broke Fellaini's leg when Fellaini flew in at him two footed and came off worse.

4 minutes ago, kop205 said:

Kyrgiakos broke Fellaini's leg when Fellaini flew in at him two footed and came off worse.

Was mad that one. Was dead obvious Fellaini was the one in the wrong and no one seems to accept it. I remember sitting there expecting them both to get sent off after our red but you can’t do that can you?

9 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

There was a thing last season amongst City fans that the FA won't let the same team win the league twice in a row... 

Thought they were full of s*** but if Henderson gets a ban for that then the FA can get to f*** 

City won it twice in a row before we won it.