By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Everton - 17 oct - 12.30pm

growler

7 hours ago, cocknose said:

Falling out of love with the love of my life, it's ruined 

We just won the league for the first time in 30 years.

The Mane thing looked onside to me but VAR is VAR and is used for everyone so it’s one of them. The Pickford decision seemed wrong to me but red or not Virg is still injured.

If football is dead to you after the two seasons it’s just given you because we don’t get to laugh at Everton quite so much for once then get out of it as there is far far worse to come for us as  18/19 and 19/20 aren’t going to be matched anytime soon.

several hours later, and I'm just more annoyed about it all. It's a level of incompetence that would't be accepted in any other workplace, but those idiots officiating the game, will all get away with it. 

The Pickford assault is a red card regardless of the offside (not that it looked offside) and I don't understand why they focussed on the offside. Guess if a keeper is confident that an attacker is offside, it gives them a free hit...

And Mane is level at worst. It's like they forgot the rule where level is onside. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kop205 said:

They did today, yeah, as I clearly said.

It also clearly gets more right and if people haven't got the attention span to wait a minute or two whilst it does that then there I'm not sure what we do.

I dont get this, how we have now accepted that we as fans can no longer celebrate goals, that we now accept waiting for 2 minutes after each goal while they look for reasons NOT to give it, thats not the game I have loved for 40 odd years.

I also dont get the people on at me asking why havent I enjoyed us these last 2 seasons, I did of course, we have been amazing this last 2 seasons and its been incredible, doesn't mean I cant despair at the route my sport is taking, the fun and passion is being drained out of it, the sport is being ruined.

I wont mention it again on here as I seem to be in the minority of people on here that dont like the current set up, although I think if I said the sky was blue on here the same few would tell me it was yellow

And for the record, yes Im f***ing fuming about the injuries, yes I thought we were great and played them off the park, yes I want us to win the league and champions league this year and still love and enjoy watching us, no I dont like VAR and the current game in general , and I dont think we should be playing this season without fans, yes I prefered the system before where there were mistakes made but at least we didnt wait 3 minutes each time, we would probably still only have 4 european cups if var was around in 05.

Edited by cocknose

I watched the Exeter/Racing92 gme last night and the refs talked to eachother. The stuff-up at the end over the clock being "off" was a joy to watch/hear but they got the right outcome. The VAR chap effectively told Owens that he'd made a mistake and should blow for full time/no time for a restart.

It's not as if the rugby authorities are at the cutting edge of anything but they are light years ahead of football (and the refs)

• Like 1

Anyway, McNulty (yeah, I know) starting off his review of the match with 'about a time Everton got some luck'.

Seriously, what are the decisions they are whinging about? Is it all still just about Clive Thomas basically? Alan Hansen in 1984?

I've never had a single one of them be able to give me a rundown of the s*** decisions they've had.

Edited by kop205

3 minutes ago, kop205 said:

Anyway, McNulty (yeah, I know) starting off his review of the match with 'about a time Everton got some luck'.

Seriously, what are the decisions they are whinging about? Is it all still just about Clive Thomas basically? Alan Hansen in 1984?

I've never had a single one of them be able to give me a rundown of the s*** decisions they've had.

Twitter is just full of the Dirk Kuyt on Neville and Gerrard on Naismith challenges 

Seems to be their 'go to' argument year after year 

I'm way more annoyed about this game than the Villa game. The Villa game was an absolute freakshow.

Yesterday, I could even grudgingly accept the poor offside calls as "one of those" - but what the heck was the verdict on the Pickford tackle on VVD?

Basically they're saying:

A) If it's offside, it's fair game and you can get away with doing anything to an opponent, because it's offside therefore it doesn't count, or;

B) I think the Athletic released an article where they said they got clarification from the PL that VAR did indeed look at the tackle and not deem it a red card offence (what?)

I'm not sure which of the above two is worse, but they're both absolutely ridiculous.

1 minute ago, _00_deathscar said:

When is this from?

Burnley at home last season.. 1-1 draw.. Denied a blatant penalty 

'It’s no wonder that the players - and Klopp - didn’t take the result too well.

At full-time, Klopp marched onto the pitch to remonstrate with referee David Coote. The reason the German was so annoyed was that he felt his side were denied a blatant penalty when Andy Robertson was fouled by Johann Berg Gudmundsson with a few minutes remaining.'