By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Everton - 17 oct - 12.30pm

growler

5 hours ago, kop205 said:

'Clear and obvious' doesn't apply to offside I don't think because in theory the technology gives a definitive answer.

Obviously in practice it doesn't. Or it does, but they ignore it.

Christ yeah, had forgotten about the Origi one.

The Barkley 'tackle' on Henderson was possibly the worst of the lot.

Lovren? Or were there 2 Barkley ones?

3 hours ago, kop205 said:

That just moves where they make the mistake in drawing their line though doesn't it? As long as we've got f***wits in charge of it they will still get it wrong.

I'm inclined to agree that we should get to hear the dicussion, though in rugby and cricket that happens in part because the original decision remains relevant with 'Umpire's call' and 'Any reason to not award a try?' factors.

It should be as simple as "have a look at it - if he's not clearly offside then he's onside" Like a 5 second decision max

19 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

Lovren? Or were there 2 Barkley ones?

It should be as simple as "have a look at it - if he's not clearly offside then he's onside" Like a 5 second decision max

There were two. The Henderson one was miles worse.

3 hours ago, Rory Fitzgerald said:

The one I have seen is that the ball is "warped" and looks eliptical because they have frozen it when the ball is in motion and leaving the boot. In my initial post I wonder if AI cannot take over that part of the process rather than have human intervention. Can technology standardise the point at which offside is determined. 

The technology means that what were considered tight calls 2 seasons ago are now very clearly shown to be on or offside. I dont think it was ever contemplated that we'd have quite alot of decisions that would turn on the exact moment a ball was hit and whether a shoulder is offside. For those cases, the human factor in "freezing" the play and judging the point of the shoulder/arm is now the contentious part. 

If technology can provide an instantaneous "picture/decision" for ratification by the VAR ref (still human factor to make sure there is no reason to disagree with the freeze/lines) then it might help in the standardization of decisions.

or just make it really simple - look at the freeze frame, if it's not obvious then carry on as was. VAR isn't getting it right so let's just accept people not getting it right with VAR, so at least - as example - the Suarez winner in 2014? can easily be corrected

Now the dust has settled I av to admit the blue side of the city are lookin the real deal now and a shift in power could come sooner than we thought.
They scored 2 good goals today...they’ve got a brilliant manager, and could defo win the league this season.

Well done Rangers👏👏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

Cheeky c***. Worked a treat as well, definitely sowed a little doubt in the ref’s mind, by the time it comes out as b******s it’s far too late to retrospectively send him off.

They’re just awful. You think they can go low but they seem to find a level below.

3 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

I gave him the benefit of the doubt at the time but they have annoyed me so I’m withdrawing it.

Ha, fair enough.

In general terms they certainly aren't deserving of any benefit of the doubt for their conduct towards us in recent years.

Very lucky that we haven't had even more serious injuries in this fixture over a long time now.

• Like 1

So how long we waiting for the FA's response to the clubs questions? And will they be made public knowledge? 

Not expecting anything though to be honest 

Every yellow card I saw given in other games yesterday pissed me right off knowing Pickford didn't even get one of them 

Finally got round to talking to the the bluenose brother about the match.

He agreed that Pickford should have gone and the Henderson goal should have stood but reverted to type saying Roberston should have been sent off and Van Dijk got away with two yellows early on.

Also said it's about time they got a bit of luck in the derby after "Kuyt and Gerrard got away with it for years" 🙄

1 minute ago, Boca said:

Finally got round to talking to the the bluenose brother about the match.

He agreed that Pickford should have gone and the Henderson goal should have stood but reverted to type saying Roberston should have been sent off and Van Dijk got away with two yellows early on.

Also said it's about time they got a bit of luck in the derby after "Kuyt and Gerrard got away with it for years" 🙄

f***ing hell, they all going off the same script? 

Its like its embedded in their minds.... like 'booooooooooooooooooo' and 'Where's the Arteta money?'

Just now, Barnesy_10 said:

f***ing hell, they all going off the same script? 

Its like its embedded in their minds.... like 'booooooooooooooooooo' and 'Where's the Arteta money?'

I can only remember one Kuyt challenge and he was trying to charge down the ball. Or was there another that I cant remember?

5 minutes ago, Boca said:

I can only remember one Kuyt challenge and he was trying to charge down the ball. Or was there another that I cant remember?

they are on about the one where he's got both knees up and in front of Phil Neville

Edited by Barnesy_10