By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Everton - 17 oct - 12.30pm

growler

7 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Was mad that one. Was dead obvious Fellaini was the one in the wrong and no one seems to accept it. I remember sitting there expecting them both to get sent off after our red but you can’t do that can you?

I thought fellaini was the one who got sent? 

1 minute ago, Hightown Phil said:

No he went off on a stretcher, Kyriagkos got sent, we went down to 10 and won 1-0.

He didn’t.

Ah didn't Pienaar get sent off? 

Seem to remember it being proper foggy in the ground. So I probably couldnt see 😁

Edited by Barnesy_10

Just now, Jarg Armani said:

The main thing I remember was the fog. This one and knocking United out of the cup at Anfield have blended into 1 drunken early kick off Kuyt winner day out in town for me.

Was the fog not a different one? Foggy one was a 0-0 in maybe 2007 but maybe this one too I suppose. 

Just now, Barnesy_10 said:

082D2194000005DC-0-image-a-27_1482143532

Carragher there probably pleading for the ref to send Kyriagkos off.

Probably squeak-thinking "if only they had invented social media by now this would make for top bantz with my bezzie Gazza Nevz."

• Haha 3

Just now, Hightown Phil said:

I don’t understand why they use current refs. Surely the retired ones are best placed to do this? There’s no conflict of showing a colleague up for a start.

Makes sense.  Do they still have to retire at 45?  It keeps the experience and knowledge* within the game.

* the good ones, obviously. The Manc c***s can feck off back through the hellmouth.

2 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

I don’t understand why they use current refs. Surely the retired ones are best placed to do this? There’s no conflict of showing a colleague up for a start.

Carragher suggested that.

Imagine having the likes of Howard Webb back in the game though.

The Aussie rugby league version of this is miles ahead. The refs are miked so everyone can hear what they are saying to check for. The VAR ref talks through his findings.

The captain of each team gets one captains challenge for on-field decisions which then will get looked at by the VAR ref. Again both on-field and VAR refs are miked. If the challenge is correct they still have a valid one. If it isnt then they have wasted it.

Our refs are too f***ing arrogant and dont see this as a tool to help them. They see it as a negative and a threat. They are a f***ing joke

Edited by scoose