By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

3 minutes ago, stressederic said:

Is it not reasonably well established that Ciacedo and his agent basically lied to us? Said they wanted to join us and then used it engineer the move to Chelsea. Our fault for getting suckered in I guess, but when the player/agent clearly give you the go ahead then I guess that's the risk you take.

Caicedo I was happy for us to take a punt. The Bellingham stuff was weird and typical of us giving it the big one in briefings for months whilst excusing underinvestment the previous summer to then come up with some p*ss weak excuse before he fcked us off for Madrid. Lavia wanted us and then fked us off.

Just now, Dan said:

Caicedo I was happy for us to take a punt. The Bellingham stuff was weird and typical of us giving it the big one in briefings for months whilst excusing underinvestment the previous summer to then come up with some p*ss weak excuse before he fcked us off for Madrid. Lavia wanted us and then fked us off.

Yeah that one was weird. For months everyone (even pundits) were basically talking like it was a matter of time. Maybe it was never going to happen or Real just stepped in with a good wage offer. But was a huge sudden switch. Although we ended up basically rebuilding with 3 players for the cost of Bellingham, so I can understand that aspect of it. He's pretty f***ing good though.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dan said:

Aye Lavia clearly wanted to come. We ballsed it up. Might have dodged a bullet or he might turn out great when he’s finally fit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D.Boon said:

Not saying they are duds and they may all go on to be great signings but in terms of how good or bad the transfer window was there are question marks over all but the big man at this point.

Szoboslai had a very poor game last Sunday, put your question mark over him as well if you're being so short term in your outlook.

4 hours ago, Dan said:

That's b****x but let's say it's true. We wasted a sh*t load of time and effort pursuing players who didn't want to play for us then didn't we?

I'm happy with the majority of the signings we made in the end (bar Endo) but it was a chaotic window which was led by an absent DoF who left us short in a couple of areas.

No we didn't. We made an offer for Lavia, they said no. We backed away. We made an offer for Caicedo, Brighton accepted but he didn't want to join. Bellingham always wanted to go Madrid. We weren't negotiating for him all season. 

Stop making up s*** that didn't happen. 

25 minutes ago, Flasher said:

No we didn't. We made an offer for Lavia, they said no. We backed away. We made an offer for Caicedo, Brighton accepted but he didn't want to join. Bellingham always wanted to go Madrid. We weren't negotiating for him all season. 

Stop making up s*** that didn't happen. 

You've got both poor and selective memory. Not a good combination.

17 minutes ago, Dan said:

You've got both poor and selective memory. Not a good combination.

You're talking out your a***. Making up s***. Banging on that we wasted a transfer window chasing these players and f***ing it up. We didn't. We got the players we wanted. We wanted one more, a 6. We didn't value Lavia as highly as Southampton and rightly so, so backed away. We were tricked by Caicedos agent, but didn't get hung up on it, we signed two more players after. Bellingham was never coming. 

We wanted a 6 but couldn't get one. Apart from that we did everything Klopp wanted. 

1 minute ago, Molby said:

something innocuous like training comfort women to fulfill their obligations 

Could go off on all sorts of tangents here.

When I was at school and Japan was the miracle economy, I remember thinking what a long slow slog it had been for their people and society to recover and thrive after the end of WW2

Now though, that 30-40 years doesn't seem like the vast epoch of time that it seemed.

It's a shorter time than there has been between Thatcher coming to power and today. In relative terms there's no way that our society has made as much progress.

Anyway, me asking about Endo's nan was just my stupid joke on yesterday's row in the gennie 

33 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

Could go off on all sorts of tangents here.

When I was at school and Japan was the miracle economy, I remember thinking what a long slow slog it had been for their people and society to recover and thrive after the end of WW2

Now though, that 30-40 years doesn't seem like the vast epoch of time that it seemed.

It's a shorter time than there has been between Thatcher coming to power and today. In relative terms there's no way that our society has made as much progress.

Anyway, me asking about Endo's nan was just my stupid joke on yesterday's row in the gennie 

Never apologise. Never explain.

On 09/11/2023 at 16:55, Swipe said:

Aye Lavia clearly wanted to come. We ballsed it up. Might have dodged a bullet or he might turn out great when he’s finally fit. 

If he wanted to come he’d be here

another one to file under F

for

F*ck him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cobs said:

If he wanted to come he’d be here

another one to file under F

for

F*ck him.

We would have got him if we paid what they wanted. Let’s not pretend otherwise. We had three failed bids. 

I’m not too arsed but that was on us. He was hardly being a mercenary. 

Edited by Swipe

11 hours ago, Swipe said:

Dunno if Matt is reliable but he’s got one of the most ridiculous profile pictures on the internet. Like a no-nonsense detective who’s clashing with his guv. 

We'll need to clear a path into the first team for him. Who goes besides Thiago then? 

Priority has to be a left back - either from academy or to succession plan robbo.

and a decision on trent. Either stays in this box role and gets better, goes back to right back or moves into midfield.

midfield needs time. Not like the front line where it was a gradual transition. This was an overnight. Whilst it could be a good thing they can’t learn from last seasons midfield, they still need to build the mental elements whilst becoming cohesive as a unit too.