By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

Stronger at the end of it than at the start of it, assuming Coutinho stays.

Not perfect, but then not one team in the top 6 has had a perfect window, all have made some great signings (except arsenal). All have had areas they wanted to improve but failed to do so. arsenal are weaker, I dont think spurs are any stronger, same with chelsea. I think both manc clubs will be happiest but I think we're better placed to improve our points total than ar$e/spurs/chelsea, I think all 3 will fail to get within 5 points of last years total. We could add 5 to ours, where that leaves the final table I can't be bothered to work out.

No doubt some internet warrior tosser will be firing off insults at JWH, his wife, their dog etc. until the early hours until they realise they've got school in the morning. Same as ever really.

Edited by DPD1973

I'm with you there sammy.

Centre half would have been nice but the boss knows what he's doing. It definitely won't be boring!

He's done a remarkable job developing and improving the players so far; we are a team to be feared again.

Looking forward to just enjoying the footy now.

We have dodgy keepers and a dodgy defence - truly startling that neither have been addressed - it's a failure of management and board and pisses me right off

on the plus side

City have spent £200m on defenders but still missed out on key targets

Chelsea got Morata in for Costa but beyond that haven't strengthened much

Spurs have done some late business but it's all a bit meh

Arsenal are going down the toilet

Everton have done enough to close the gap on the top 6

Utd nailed their targets, strengthened where they needed to, spent their money, they now look favourites for the title and I hate saying that, they can feck off

I'm with you there sammy.

Centre half would have been nice but the boss knows what he's doing. It definitely won't be boring!

He's done a remarkable job developing and improving the players so far; we are a team to be feared again.

Looking forward to just enjoying the footy now.

All well and good but be honest Leo - I bet you were saying more than 'a centre half would be nice' at the end of last season.

Klopp can win it with these lads. Let's go do it.

Possibly. But he shouldn't have to. FSG know he can do well with less.

As has already been said, massive opportunity to kick on squandered. And, I worry, for underhand reasons.

Edit: For the sake of balance, Salah looks great and I think AOC will thrive under Klopp.

Edited by Hieronymus Bosch

There is a problem still between the 'committee' as was and the manager.

Like under Rodgers the manager had his picks and the committee had theirs. This time klopp rightly or wrongly thinks their choices are pretty much not worth risking his rep on. 

He has his choices, and we can see they are pretty perfect, the ones we've got and the ones we've missed have all ended up doing really well.

The problem has been that once we fail to land these targets the list of alternatives is not massive. Something Phil said, the manager doesn't have time to scout players. This is true, and the implied second part of it is he should be able to trust his scouts but doesn't seem to, outside his inner circle.

For me we can't allow the owners to keep having an impact on the football side. Let klopp now take charge and appoint a team of scouts and a proper DoF. 

The more I think about it the more annoying Peter Moore is. What is the point of a new CEO who isn't involved in football matters?

Anyway, as a few people have said in jest, let's get soton' s scouts, whether or not you poach theirs or atleti's or juve's or Dortmund's, we need to get a team around klopp that means he has a better pool of players to choose from.

There is a problem still between the 'committee' as was and the manager.

Like under Rodgers the manager had his picks and the committee had theirs. This time klopp rightly or wrongly thinks their choices are pretty much not worth risking his rep on. 

He has his choices, and we can see they are pretty perfect, the ones we've got and the ones we've missed have all ended up doing really well.

The problem has been that once we fail to land these targets the list of alternatives is not massive. Something Phil said, the manager doesn't have time to scout players. This is true, and the implied second part of it is he should be able to trust his scouts but doesn't seem to, outside his inner circle.

For me we can't allow the owners to keep having an impact on the football side. Let klopp now take charge and appoint a team of scouts and a proper DoF. 

The more I think about it the more annoying Peter Moore is. What is the point of a new CEO who isn't involved in football matters?

Anyway, as a few people have said in jest, let's get soton' s scouts, whether or not you poach theirs or atleti's or juve's or Dortmund's, we need to get a team around klopp that means he has a better pool of players to choose from.

100% correct

and for now,  our 'only' problem is a dodgy defence and keeper

so we'll need to become the first team ever to win the PL with those problems

literally need 100 goals

and of course there's the CL games this year

We did some really good work...but what a complete cluster f*ck we made of the VvD move, quality player who genuinely wanted the move, all because we were all to mouthy about it. Every club talks to other clubs players, but if you openly run around spouting about it you are going to p*ss off someone, well done guys.

Yes, Jarg, but aren't Ayre and Edwards purposefully FSG's men, over promoted and winning to do their bidding? If they wanted the best footballing minds, surely other men would in place.

That's the question I always come back to, are they a malevolent force or merely incompetent?

That's the question I always come back to, are they a malevolent force or merely incompetent?

I think they are taking the piss. Brilliant marketeers. They claim they are spending 200 m but it's just to keep us in the press. Keep the hits high. But it's the same every season.

Failure to flesh out the wider squad will bite us on the ass.

Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum, Oxlade, Lallana, Coutinho, Milner, Keita next season, tried for Lemar..... Klopp is Tiger Woods and central midfielders are blondes.

f*** off you prick

It's true though every window we are talking about the same deficiencies which never get addressed. It's like groundhog day.

Nothing wrong with dreaming ain't going to happen though.

Edited by stacka