By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Things to do to cheer us up

Stanley Leisure

2 hours ago, D.Boon said:

You're much better looking than I imagined Hass. However that's the second article.of.youra I've read and it's still hard to decipher what the f*** you actually do for a job

Thank you mate, I'm like the Clooney of the Quality World 

Where do you put the stuff while it's fermenting Jim? I really want to try homebrewing, especially now, but the only room we've got is either indoors, with underfloor heating, or in a shed with no heating or insulation and I didn't think the ambient temp would be suitable.

I built a raised pond out of sleepers last year with the intention of just keeping big goldfish but the local shop had an end of season sale on koi and I couldn't resist buying 2 beauties. 

I put them in the pond and they went straight to the bottom never to be seen again. 

Until today! They made it through winter and are absolutely gorgeous.  They're bright white and it was like a scene from Jaws as they came up from the bottom while I was feeding the others today. The other 10 also survived. I'm beyond buzzing. 

Now to fit the blade fountain which arrived this morning.....

5 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

My birthday + fire pit + Hendrix

Happy Birthday Sion

As you saw, did much the same but did the Tim Burgess listening party thing with Chemical Brothers "Exit Planet Dust" on, hopefully not loud enough to annoy next door.

Yeah Happy birthday 

about fish: I dug my pond 4 years ago and stocked it with a few large goldfish

the ones that have survived heron attacks are now massive and there’s about 30 smaller ones that have made it through and are viable

not one has died of natural causes - unless they get taken by birds when they float to the top, but I think it’s more likely my pond has magic life-giving properties (apart from in the case of one of the late dogs, but that’s another story)