Stanley Leisure

Things to do to cheer us up

I had a very long phone conversation with my brother. We don’t talk much so it’s nice to discuss things.

Families are f***ed up man.

Just seen the new Spitting Image advert and they have somehow, don't know if it is intentional or not, made Donald Trump better looking as a latex puppet than as a human being. 

Got a new job. In town so I can sack off the second car and cycle to work. More holiday and a bit more wedge. It's also the first place I've ever worked that does the cycle to work scheme so I can treat myself to the new road bike I've been threatening to buy for about 2 years.

Edited by D.Boon

Had to go for an x-ray this week because of a breathing issue (despite my massive lung capacity). Having exhausted most other avenues of enquiry and having put me on a course of antibiotics, they were taking precautions to make sure there was nothing more sinister lurking (of course I'm thinking LUNG CANCER!!!!!). Just got a message from my GP to say that's all clear so might have a bit of a celebration this evening. I'll worry about the underlying cause of the breathing problem next week. 

P.S. just read back over that and realised I have turned into Leo.

9 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

Had to go for an x-ray this week because of a breathing issue (despite my massive lung capacity). Having exhausted most other avenues of enquiry and having put me on a course of antibiotics, they were taking precautions to make sure there was nothing more sinister lurking (of course I'm thinking LUNG CANCER!!!!!). Just got a message from my GP to say that's all clear so might have a bit of a celebration this evening. I'll worry about the underlying cause of the breathing problem next week. 

Now you two are going to have to fight and the winner cuts off the other one's head with a sword.

It'll be a no contest with my massive lung capacity. Only hampered by the fact that I can't breathe properly.

Are Chinese burns allowed?

My wife is away for 3 days next week so I've bought 2 Jimi Hendrix documentaries, the Isle Of Wight concert and the Woodstock movie.

Might WhatsApp Jimbolala.

22 hours ago, D.Boon said:

Got a new job. In town so I can sack off the second car and cycle to work. More holiday and a bit more wedge. It's also the first place I've ever worked that does the cycle to work scheme so I can treat myself to the new road bike I've been threatening to buy for about 2 years.

That's ace - nice one

23 hours ago, D.Boon said:

Nice one. One of the few things I miss about London is riding to work. What bike are you looking at? 

1 hour ago, cymrococh said:

My wife is away for 3 days next week so I've bought 2 Jimi Hendrix documentaries, the Isle Of Wight concert and the Woodstock movie.

Might WhatsApp Jimbolala.

Difficult wank, but I just want to let you know that we're all countng on you.

7 hours ago, charlie clown said:

Didn't it turn out that Leo actually did have cancer?

Just a bit of a crap version?

8 minutes ago, kop205 said:

Didn't it turn out that Leo actually did have cancer?

Just a bit of a crap version?

Yes he did, but now he’s the picture of health. He’s positively radiant.

I've got a fairly significant work deadline tomorrow, and a presentation to senior management. So I've obviously been spending my time researching ways to reliably get electricity for a week camping in a tent at Green Man. May also  be useful in the event of Coronavirus-related societal breakdown.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CUNO3KM/?coliid=I1ACCFA58ODEC4&colid=RKPVS5A0OQME&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RPD67GZ/?coliid=I16Z1TOBZ339LE&colid=RKPVS5A0OQME&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JVJ47K3/?coliid=I36V3OW5GHPN88&colid=RKPVS5A0OQME&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it