Jump to content
Stanley Leisure

Things to do to cheer us up

Recommended Posts

I had a very long phone conversation with my brother. We don’t talk much so it’s nice to discuss things.

Families are f***ed up man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen the new Spitting Image advert and they have somehow, don't know if it is intentional or not, made Donald Trump better looking as a latex puppet than as a human being. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a new job. In town so I can sack off the second car and cycle to work. More holiday and a bit more wedge. It's also the first place I've ever worked that does the cycle to work scheme so I can treat myself to the new road bike I've been threatening to buy for about 2 years.

Edited by D.Boon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to go for an x-ray this week because of a breathing issue (despite my massive lung capacity). Having exhausted most other avenues of enquiry and having put me on a course of antibiotics, they were taking precautions to make sure there was nothing more sinister lurking (of course I'm thinking LUNG CANCER!!!!!). Just got a message from my GP to say that's all clear so might have a bit of a celebration this evening. I'll worry about the underlying cause of the breathing problem next week. 

P.S. just read back over that and realised I have turned into Leo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

Had to go for an x-ray this week because of a breathing issue (despite my massive lung capacity). Having exhausted most other avenues of enquiry and having put me on a course of antibiotics, they were taking precautions to make sure there was nothing more sinister lurking (of course I'm thinking LUNG CANCER!!!!!). Just got a message from my GP to say that's all clear so might have a bit of a celebration this evening. I'll worry about the underlying cause of the breathing problem next week. 

P.S. just read back over that and realised I have turned into Leo.

 

Now you two are going to have to fight and the winner cuts off the other one's head with a sword.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll be a no contest with my massive lung capacity. Only hampered by the fact that I can't breathe properly.

Are Chinese burns allowed?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife is away for 3 days next week so I've bought 2 Jimi Hendrix documentaries, the Isle Of Wight concert and the Woodstock movie.

Might WhatsApp Jimbolala.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, D.Boon said:

Got a new job. In town so I can sack off the second car and cycle to work. More holiday and a bit more wedge. It's also the first place I've ever worked that does the cycle to work scheme so I can treat myself to the new road bike I've been threatening to buy for about 2 years.

That's ace - nice one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, D.Boon said:

Got a new job. In town so I can sack off the second car and cycle to work. More holiday and a bit more wedge. It's also the first place I've ever worked that does the cycle to work scheme so I can treat myself to the new road bike I've been threatening to buy for about 2 years.

Nice one. One of the few things I miss about London is riding to work. What bike are you looking at? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cymrococh said:

My wife is away for 3 days next week so I've bought 2 Jimi Hendrix documentaries, the Isle Of Wight concert and the Woodstock movie.

Might WhatsApp Jimbolala.

Difficult wank, but I just want to let you know that we're all countng on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, charlie clown said:

Had to go for an x-ray this week because of a breathing issue (despite my massive lung capacity). Having exhausted most other avenues of enquiry and having put me on a course of antibiotics, they were taking precautions to make sure there was nothing more sinister lurking (of course I'm thinking LUNG CANCER!!!!!). Just got a message from my GP to say that's all clear so might have a bit of a celebration this evening. I'll worry about the underlying cause of the breathing problem next week. 

P.S. just read back over that and realised I have turned into Leo.

 

Didn't it turn out that Leo actually did have cancer?

Just a bit of a crap version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kop205 said:

Didn't it turn out that Leo actually did have cancer?

Just a bit of a crap version?

Yes he did, but now he’s the picture of health. He’s positively radiant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a fairly significant work deadline tomorrow, and a presentation to senior management. So I've obviously been spending my time researching ways to reliably get electricity for a week camping in a tent at Green Man. May also  be useful in the event of Coronavirus-related societal breakdown.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CUNO3KM/?coliid=I1ACCFA58ODEC4&colid=RKPVS5A0OQME&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RPD67GZ/?coliid=I16Z1TOBZ339LE&colid=RKPVS5A0OQME&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JVJ47K3/?coliid=I36V3OW5GHPN88&colid=RKPVS5A0OQME&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...