By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Suarez and Evra

WillG

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Racism is pervasive in Argentina and Uruguay in a way that is unthinkable in the UK or the US. It is blatant and up front and may be completely without malice. Case in point is argentinians routinely referring to Brazilians as monkeys. That southern part of South America is very white European and not as multi cultural as in other places in SA. Terminology like calling somebody "blackie" is not seen as a big deal.

It's not much different in Spain FFS.

where abouts in argentina,peru bolivia ,chile,uruguay,brazil et al is it prevalent which you experienced. The bits where I went to people were warm and friendly. Seriously the word negro does not have the connotations it has in UK or USA.

We will get a wishy washy "we could not find any evidence" statement which will be just as damning as prosecuting Luis.

this is the problem with racist allegations man..

Luis Suarez

I'm upset by the acusations of racism. I can only say that I have always respected and respect everybody. We are all the same. I go to the field with the maximum illusion of a little child who enjoys what he does, not to create conflicts.

Reads like Rebekah Wade's "denial"

The only player waving cards yesterday was Evra. AlsoI don't see why people go mental over players waving cards, is there any difference between that and telling the player verbally that someone deserves a card? That happens all the time and people say nothing.

really don't understand why people get worked up about card waving

where abouts in argentina,peru bolivia ,chile,uruguay,brazil et al is it prevalent which you experienced. The bits where I went to people were warm and friendly. Seriously the word negro does not have the connotations it has in UK or USA.

this is the problem with racist allegations man..

BA, Montevideo, Cordoba, Bariloche. The places with very little African ethnicity.

This is irrelevant anyway. He didn't do it.

Edited by New York Red

"If" it was true, he'd probably be looking at a criminal prosecution.

but "If" it was true, and was said 10 times, in a game like this, with all those cameras, then it would be all over the internet, all over Youtube, the mancs would have it all over the twitter, and the evidence would be out there already.

However, none of this has happened, there is absolutely zero evidence, no other players heard it.

Problem is, Evra is untouchable here, Suarez has been smeared by this horrible accusation, and i'd like to think the club and Suarez are taking legal advice to see if there is a slander case to be had here.

really don't understand why people get worked up about card waving

I f***ing hate it. If I was a ref, it'd be an immediate booking

but "If" it was true, and was said 10 times, in a game like this, with all those cameras, then it would be all over the internet, all over Youtube, the mancs would have it all over the twitter, and the evidence would be out there already.

However, none of this has happened, there is absolutely zero evidence, no other players heard it.

Problem is, Evra is untouchable here, Suarez has been smeared by this horrible accusation, and i'd like to think the club and Suarez are taking legal advice to see if there is a slander case to be had here.

Absolutely. If Evra has made a specific claim of that nature, Suarez should sue for libel

Stuart Pearce once got a two games ban for calling Ince a black b*****d

I remember collymore accusing harkness of a racist remark, nothing was proven in the end

Yeah, Collymore accused Harkness of calling him a c**n, Harkness said he didn't, he called him a c**t.

Guarantee Sky have painstakingly viewed every minute of that match from every camera they had there, and have been doing so for 24 hours. If the evidence was there, they'd have found it, if they haven't found it, it didn't happen.

Obviously Suarez can't prove a negative, so Evra (having said he said the word 10 times infront of the cameras) should have an easy case proving he wasn't making it up. Sickening thing is that it's such an emotive subject that we're nowhere close to being able to punish people for making false accusations, when in reality if these accusations are false Evra should face just as much punishment as Suarez would if they were true.

slander = spoken word

Libel = written word

Know your defamations of character sonny

slander - transient

libel - permanent

Saying something defamatory in a recorded interview (if that's what it was)is libel.

Edited by NeilJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7egfObpLEWM

Clip above shows Evra dive ..its 1.17 in... Looking at above clip and Evra theatrics and then his statements accusing Suarez ...think Suarez in for tough season of this type of rubbish in trying to destabilise him.

That really is awful. He basically slipped, and you could just about understand if he'd damaged his groin, but why he's rolling around like that clutching his knee makes no sense. Not the first time I've seen Evra rolling around looking like he's suffered a horrendous injury only to find he's not even injured at all. Him and the Mancs truly are a match made in heaven.

That really is awful. He basically slipped, and you could just about understand if he'd damaged his groin, but why he's rolling around like that clutching his knee makes no sense. Not the first time I've seen Evra rolling around looking like he's suffered a horrendous injury only to find he's not even injured at all. Him and the Mancs truly are a match made in heaven.

To be fair (not that I really think we should bother) Suarez did kick Evra on the knee in that incident, so it wasn't just a case of him slipping. He made a massive meal of it though the big pussy.