By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

5 hours ago, AnfieldCop said:

I feel we have been linked to almost every attacking talent in Europe, and think it is a bit strange that we have not been linked to Christopher Nkunku of RBL. Only 23, superb both as FW, AMC, AML/FWL, AMR/FWR. Decent goal/assist record. Great potential under Klopp

A latter day Tonton Zola Moukoko!

4 hours ago, Maldini said:

Italian papers saying we had a €100m bid for Chiesa rejected by Juve. There's just no way it's true is there?

Can't be.  He'd be brilliant though.  Mad.  Like a good Eric Meijer.

1 hour ago, Hassony said:

That Vlahovic lad we've been linked with scored 7 goals in a preseason game today for Fiorntina

Were they playing Everton?

14 hours ago, Tommok said:

No chance at all. 

Is he currently negotiating a new contract by any chance?

Even Blow Football hadn't been thought of when Murph was growing up. 

Shove ha'penny was all the rage. 

We were so poor we played Shove farthing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy Cockles said:

Would be a problem for the songsmiths this one.

Signed-a for The Pool, Hey! He's a centre half?
Not-a sure why he signed, can we send him back?
He's-a not so bad, but on loan he soon will switch
Seb Walukiewicz!

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Anything approaching 15m and I'd absolutely snap your hands off. He's nearly 30, he's basically done nothing for 12 months. I've managed to convince myself we want someone expensive and we need these sales. 

11 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Yep. Just had a look and he's done about 2200 minutes in total in his time here in Premier League and European Cup. Which is about 7 full games a season which is broadly speaking pathetic. 

I think he deserved a chance whilst Bobby was in such poor form ( shift Salah or Mané inside ) but I'm excited to see Elliott in this team

SHAQIRI: ‘HONOURED BY LAZIO INTEREST, SARRI’S STYLE INTRIGUES ME’

by Martin Mork | Jul 26, 2021 09:27

Liverpool winger Xherdan Shaqiri said he’s ‘honoured’ by Lazio’s interest and hinted he would enjoy playing for Maurizio Sarri at the Olimpico.

The Switzerland international revealed he has asked Liverpool to move this summer and the Aquile are mentioned as possible suitors for the 29-year-old.

Shaqiri has experience from Serie A with Inter, as he spent six months with the Nerazzurri between January and August in 2015.

The former Bayern Munich winger spoke to Il Corriere dello Sport about his future and mentioned a possible move to Sarri’s Lazio.

“Fortunately, football has helped me achieve many of my dreams,” Shaqiri said. “I was lucky enough to play with great teams and to win many titles.

“Who knows, maybe I could get something even with the Swiss national team. My contract [with] Liverpool expires in 2022, in 2018 I signed a four-year deal.

“The important thing at this moment in my career is to be able to play regularly, but that hasn’t always been the case in the last three seasons.

“This is why I told Liverpool that I feel ready for a new challenge. They accepted my wish and will seriously consider the offers that will come. They will not stop me.”

The attacker then revealed he has not held any direct talks with other clubs.

“I’m only 29 years old, I have played in some of the best Leagues in Europe and I would like to continue being a part of them,” Shaqiri continued. “I’m not yet thinking about the end of my career, it’s a future I imagine far away. We will see what destiny has in store for me.

“I have no direct contact; my consultant team deals with the market. They inform me when there are clubs interested, you have to ask them for the names.”

But Shaqiri went on to praise the ‘development’ of Italian football in recent years.

“I think it’s not just my opinion that football in Italy has developed substantially in recent years,” he continued. “The win at the European Championship is there to prove it, a well-deserved result.

“Just take a look at how many Premier League players have moved to Serie A.”

Shaqiri’s spell at Inter was not a success and the Swiss winger ended up signing with Stoke City in 2015.

“Sometimes in football, you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don’t regret it, every experience takes you further in life.”

About the rumours of a move to Lazio, Shaqiri admitted Sarri’s style of play would suit him and praised the work of sporting director Igli Tare.

“Igli Tare has been doing an excellent job at Lazio for years,” Shaqiri added. “If it’s true that he has great respect for me, then I’m honoured.

“I have been following Lazio for a long time, they are a top team. In general, due to my characteristics, I like to play more attacking football and Sarri practices it. It would be intriguing.”

https://football-italia.net/shaqiri-honoured-by-lazio-interest-sarris-style-intrigues-me/

Got to think he will leave but I don’t expect it’ll be much north of £10m due to his age and injury record. I’m not convinced it won’t be a loan eventually. 

You’d think he and Phillips are near certain to leave and that should push the incoming fees around £60m. 

Origi will hang around like a limpet though. 

Napoli and Lazio target £15m-rated Liverpool star Shaqiri

Neil Jones
Liverpool Correspondent
09:50 26 Jul 2021

The Switzerland international is looking to leave Anfield in search of regular football this summer, with developments expected this week

Xherdan Shaqiri looks set to depart Liverpool this summer, with Napoli and Lazio among the clubs keen to sign the Switzerland star.

The Serie A duo, Goal understands, have been in touch with the 29-year-old’s representatives following his impressive displays at Euro 2020, and both are keen to do a deal before the end of the summer transfer window.

However, they are likely to face competition from Spain, where Sevilla and Villarreal are among the clubs keen.

Why is Shaqiri leaving Liverpool?
Shaqiri joined Liverpool from Stoke in a £13million ($18m) deal in 2018, and has made 63 appearances for the Reds.

He was part of the squad which won the Champions League in 2019 and then followed that up with the Premier League title a year later, but has seen his progress at Anfield hampered by a series of injuries.

He managed just three starts in the 2019-20 season and only seven last term, and is eager to move on in search of regular football.

Liverpool had expected to sell last summer, but saw interest from Germany and Italy fail to develop into concrete offers. Anfield sources, however, anticipate that there is a deal to be done at the right price this time around. Shaqiri still has two years left on his contract at Anfield.

Sevilla and Villarreal have enquired about potential loan deals, but been informed that Liverpool would be looking for a sale, while Napoli and Lazio have contacted Shaqiri’s representatives. The player, it is understood, would welcome a move to Italy.

What kind of fee would Liverpool want?
The Reds have already raised more than £30m ($41m) in sales this summer, offloading Marko Grujic, Harry Wilson, Taiwo Awoniyi, Kamil Grabara and Liam Millar, and they would be looking to recoup around £15m ($21m) for Shaqiri, given his pedigree.

Reds fans will hope that money is reinvested into the first-team, with a midfielder and a forward required if Jurgen Klopp is to freshen up his squad.

Liverpool are also keen to tie down a number of star players to new contracts, with goalkeeper Alisson Becker, defender Virgil van Dijk and midfielder Fabinho all in line for fresh deals.

Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane are also into the final two years of their contracts, as is captain Jordan Henderson, with who initial discussions have proven fruitless so far.

Liverpool are aware of the need to bring in younger players in order to ensure the team continues to evolve while remaining competitive, but as yet have only brought in one senior signing this summer, the 22-year-old central defender Ibrahima Konate from RB Leipzig.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/napoli-lazio-target-liverpool-shaqiri/1im5jm5gehfwa1cpm5gzfrjrlv

Edited by darucs112