By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

17 minutes ago, Bailo said:

I don't like a recruitment policy of buying players for specific B grade games. Buy dead good players and let them fight it out for every game. 

Would be great, but which clubs actually do this? Even PSG spent last season playing someone on loan from Everton most weeks. 

Edited by Hightown Phil

12 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Would be great, but which clubs actually do this? Even PSG spent last season playing someone on loan from Everton most weeks. 

This season? Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea? 

16 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

City and Chelsea play a different game to us, and I disagree on United. 

How many bench fillers have they intentionally bought? They always spend top dollar on their players and pay massive wages 

Just now, Ibby said:

How many bench fillers have they intentionally bought? They always spend top dollar on their players and pay massive wages 

You don't need to buy bench fillers when you've got a squad full of them already because you bought them to be good players and it turned out they were a bit crap. Sancho isn't competing for example, he's much better than what they have because Daniel James is a bag of s***e and Mason Greenwood isn't a right winger and just played there because it was an easy place to play him. Us signing Sancho and them signing Sancho would be different in that respect because Sancho would be competing with our players and he isn't with theirs. Same with Varane should they sign him. United would need the thick end of ten players to be a squad filled with good players who are competing, you're talking probably three centre backs, a right back, maybe five midfielders, and a striker. 

• Upvote 1

I feel we have been linked to almost every attacking talent in Europe, and think it is a bit strange that we have not been linked to Christopher Nkunku of RBL. Only 23, superb both as FW, AMC, AML/FWL, AMR/FWR. Decent goal/assist record. Great potential under Klopp

1 hour ago, AnfieldCop said:

I feel we have been linked to almost every attacking talent in Europe, and think it is a bit strange that we have not been linked to Christopher Nkunku of RBL. Only 23, superb both as FW, AMC, AML/FWL, AMR/FWR. Decent goal/assist record. Great potential under Klopp

WTF is this?

21 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

It’s AnfieldCop commenting that he thinks it’s strange that we haven’t been linked with Christopher Nkunku of RBL.

Is AnfieldCop an actual cop though ? 👮‍♀️ 

Sorry for posting my opinion on a very good and versatile young player who I think would suit our style very much, Murphman. Also sorry for my childish username which I have used for the past 25 years🤣I know coppers are not the most popular in GB/Merseyside. By the way I am not a copper but a DCI, Falconhoof. I guess it not makes it better 😂 Best wishes for the new season lads!

Edited by AnfieldCop

4 minutes ago, AnfieldCop said:

Sorry for posting my opinion on a very good and versatile young player who I think would suit our style very much, Murphman. Also sorry for my childish username which I have used for the past 25 years🤣I know coppers are not the most popular in GB/Merseyside. By the way I am not a copper but a DCI, Falconhoof. I guess it not makes it better 😂 Best wishes for the new season lads!

I was on about 'as FW, AMC, AML/FWL, AMR/FWR'. Coppers are very necessary and generally do a very difficult job well. I don't get all these abbreviations, football was a lot more simple when Shankly was around.

2 minutes ago, Maldini said:

Italian papers saying we had a €100m bid for Chiesa rejected by Juve. There's just no way it's true is there?

No chance at all. 

Is he currently negotiating a new contract by any chance?

1 minute ago, Aritro said:

Murphman is clearly a murphman of a generation that grew up without Football Manager or FIFA games to teach them the important things.

Even Blow Football hadn't been thought of when Murph was growing up. 

Shove ha'penny was all the rage. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maldini said:

Italian papers saying we had a €100m bid for Chiesa rejected by Juve. There's just no way it's true is there?

Not in the slightest. 

Italian papers just seem to print any old s***e every summer. Hardly any of their best players ever even leave Serie A.

9 minutes ago, Maldini said:

It was the “buy” bit that threw Juve like every other Italian club,  we should have asked to take him on loan for five years.

Just now, jimbolala said:

So how come a €100m player is out on loan? 

Juventus 'bought' him last summer, but couldn't afford the fee last summer without breaching FFP, so they loaned him for two years and have to pay Fiorentina £50m next summer. But I would think they could probably sell him this summer if they wanted as long as they pay Fiorentina.

4 minutes ago, jimbolala said:

So how come a €100m player is out on loan? 

Juve got him on loan with an option to buy him for 40m, think it's more of creative accounting, he's basically a juve player