By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

2 minutes ago, Flasher said:

Based on the fact well be desperate for an experienced CB to walk straight into first 11.

Obviously. 

And he's the only one in the world?

Everything this club has ever done under FSG points to signing Koulibaly for a big fee as the last thing they'd consider doing. 

2 minutes ago, Sion said:

Everything this club has ever done under FSG points to signing Koulibaly for a big fee as the last thing they'd consider doing. 

Yeah makes precisely no sense whatsoever. Not even convinced he’s worthy of the level adulation he receives anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Sion said:

Where did I say that? 

I was speculating Sion, in the transfer speculation thread, about an experienced CB that we've been linked with before.

VVD and Gomez likely missing the season, Matip injury prone, I suspect normal transfer policy goes out the window on this one. 

3 minutes ago, Sion said:

Whilst I agree that Koulibaly isn't the one, these are potentially exceptional times and may need exceptional measures 

We'll have to max out the credit card if Gomez is out long term 

47 minutes ago, New York Red said:

Hasn’t he done both ACL’s already? I don’t see how he comes back at all if it is that again.

Why do people like to do this? Almost everyone manages to comeback from injuries, especially when they're young and fit 

2 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

I read something on Alaba today. He only wins half his headers. All our centre backs last season won over 70%. 

He's not really a CB from what I've seen 

A bit like when Mascherano played as a CB for Barca , works for them, but wouldn't work anywhere else 

2 minutes ago, Hassony said:

He's not really a CB from what I've seen 

A bit like when Mascherano played as a CB for Barca , works for them, but wouldn't work anywhere else 

It's gonna be hard to find someone good enough in January. They have to be very good at passing, class in the air and can defend near the halfway line.