By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Divock Origi

sutty

1 minute ago, McBain said:

I've still got no idea why he chose to stay 

It's kind of admirable, but also equally kind of lazy. 

He turned down a move to Wolves, and others apparently, at the start of 2018/19 season. He then scored loads of crucial goals and won the European Cup. He might think he'd rather have a bit part role scoring crucial goals and winning than being a regular somewhere else.  

I think he turned down Everton.

14 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

His goals per minute record was good the last 2 seasons. Limited minutes but I think he'd score for most teams who play a normal centre forward and weren't absolutely s***e.

His goals per game ratio overall for us is not too far from David Ngog, and he played for a much worse Liverpool team than this one

6 minutes ago, Hassony said:

His goals per game ratio overall for us is not too far from David Ngog, and he played for a much worse Liverpool team than this one

He was 3rd for goals per minutes last season and had the best goals per minutes in 2018/19.

He didn't play for us in 17/18. Going back longer than that seems pointless when talking about what he's like as a player now.

I think he's really frustrating on the left in this team but I think he'd be a good centre forward for loads of teams.

Edited by PaulMcC186

13 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

I think he'd score plenty of goals as a centre forward for loads of teams.

Me, too; particularly if he'd moved a couple of seasons ago. 

He hasn't started 3 consecutive games for us since 2016/17, when he had two brief periods in the first XI and scored goals, including four on the bounce in mid season 

It's commendable that he hasn't made more of it. 

2 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

Me, too; particularly if he'd moved a couple of seasons ago. 

He hasn't started 3 consecutive games for us since 2016/17, when he had two brief periods in the first XI and scored goals, including four on the bounce in mid season 

It's commendable that he hasn't made more of it. 

There was a period where Klopp was picking him ahead of Sturridge, when Sturridge was fit, and he looked really. That was in a 4231.

4 hours ago, PaulMcC186 said:

He turned down a move to Wolves, and others apparently, at the start of 2018/19 season. He then scored loads of crucial goals and won the European Cup. He might think he'd rather have a bit part role scoring crucial goals and winning than being a regular somewhere else.  

I think he turned down Everton.

I'D turn down Everton

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

Yes it was the greatest. I don't even really know why anymore, there were so many factors.

Here are some of mine.

1. I wasn't in my normal seats, I'd swapped with my brother so I was pretty much directly in line with the goal.

2. The free kick that led to it.

3. The collective groan when Virg volleys it skyward

4. Everyone leaving the ground, p*issing themselves laughing.

5. The Flare. THE FLARE!

7 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Here are some of mine.

1. I wasn't in my normal seats, I'd swapped with my brother so I was pretty much directly in line with the goal.

5. The Flare. THE FLARE!

I know it's been posted before but the "every angle" video is a thing of beauty. No commentary, just the crowd noise

Virg mis-kick: GROAN

Hits bar: OOOOOOOOHH

Goes in: *SCENES*

I was at home watching and I ended up falling backwards in my chair, smacking my head on the floor and doing the "dying fly" on my back whilst my wife looked at me like I was some kind of idiot :)

Edited by Gethin
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Here are some of mine.

5. The Flare. THE FLARE!

It is mostly number 5.

Imagine being the fella who set it off. How do you come back from that?

I was in the Main Stand that day, in line with Virge. Lovely view of it.

Obviously the Klopp/Ali chest bump as well.

Edited by kop205
  • Love 1

• The context of Pickford as well. He could have just left it alone but the little arms barracking had got to him.
  • There was a moment when the ball was in the air that the gods intervened. The flare angered them? 
  • At HT me and my mate agreed that we weren't going to win the league, we were being outplayed, felt like the progress under Klopp had stalled for the first time.
  • The celebration itself was like nothing I'd ever experienced in the ground. I think partly because everyone was laughing as well as going mad, and that it was so close to the end so you thought this may as well become the FT celebration.
  • I made friends with several people I've sat by for years but never spoke to, everyone was right at the bottom of the steps by the pitch shaking hands like it was a wedding or something. Unusual behaviour. Someone said it was like a peace be with you that got out of hand.
  • Love 1

Divock has been at the heart of the greatest moments in football for us in recent years and probably in the top 10 ever - for that I'll always love the guy.

The fact that he's always so ice cool, regardless of what he's just done, and always seems to just trot back to the halfway line as if it's no big thing, just adds to his aura.

I can't imagine what would get him flustered/worked up.

He'd make a great fire warden.

• Haha 1