By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Divock Origi

sutty

2 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

Conspiracy theory time

I heard from someone who knows someone who might actually know, that Div was the 1% of players who weren't vaccinated. Could that be the reason for his mysterious absence? Klopp has told him to clear off until the outbreak was completely done?

Could be - but not sure they'd have been taking him on long coach journeys and planes to European aways if that were true. Whatever the reason for this one, we *really* need to upgrade at least one of him and Minamino, preferably both. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another theory for you: James Pearce mentioned in passing on TAW yesterday while talking about Diaz that the contract extension clause Origi has is predicated on a certain number of games being played rather than either party activating it. It made me wonder has his absence been due to him picking up a Coutinhoesque back strain to prevent the clause being activated?

Edited by Maldini
  • Like 1

Just now, Maldini said:

Another theory for you: James Pearce mentioned in passing on TAW yesterday while talking about Diaz that the contract extension clause Origi has is predicated on a certain number of games being played rather than either party activating it. It made me wonder has his absence been due to he picking up a Coutinhoesque back strain to prevent the clause being activated?

Why would he? He's turned down loads of moves to leave. 

Just now, PaulMcC186 said:

Why would he? He's turned down loads of moves to leave. 

He might finally be sick of being surplus to requirements, he's now 5th choice in the front line since Jota came in. Contract is up in the summer if the extension doesn't kick in, wages would be a lot higher for him on a free or at the very least if the clause is activated before the end of the window it makes it harder for him to force his way out. 

7 minutes ago, Maldini said:

He might finally be sick of being surplus to requirements, he's now 5th choice in the front line since Jota came in. Contract is up in the summer if the extension doesn't kick in, wages would be a lot higher for him on a free or at the very least if the clause is activated before the end of the window it makes it harder for him to force his way out. 

I don't see him doing that a few months after turning down moves to leave. I've heard he really likes his life in Liverpool too. He'll leave soon enough but I seriously doubt he's faking injury.

Do we know what his injury is? 

Been out for ages but I've not seen much about what's wrong. 

If he wants to leave then I hope he gets a good move somewhere but if he's happy to stay I'd like us to keep him. I think he'd still have a role to play through the middle. 

• 2 months later...

Origi is great. 

I'm torn between wanting him to move to a new club so he can play regularly and selfishly wanting him to stay here and not play as much but make a few more "Origi moments" 

Looks like he's probably leaving tho. 

On 30/01/2022 at 01:19, Maldini said:

I would say this is similar situation to Sturridge and Lallana leaving on a free, the whole club have probably been aware for months and he'll leave with everyone's good wishes.

25 minutes ago, lfc003 said:

I would say this is similar situation to Sturridge and Lallana leaving on a free, the whole club have probably been aware for months and he'll leave with everyone's good wishes.

Yeah he'll get a big send off at the last game of the season like Gini did. Though hopefully with an impressively updated 'wall of champions' personal display.

Edited by stressederic

22 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

He's paid his transfer fee many times over, been an absolute legend since he joined and hasn't once been a negative headline against the club 

Roam free, Divock. 

He's stayed and fought for his place when loads were asking him to piss off. And he was justified every time with what he done for us after staying.

27 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

when loads were asking him to piss off.

Don't think that's right. Loads were wondering why he'd want to stay and not play very much - which isn't the same thing at all.

Edited by Gethin