By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Arsenal vs Liverpool - Premier League, 4th February @ 4:30pm

ynwa.tv

32 minutes ago, Swipe said:

That was awful from Elliot. Diaz seemed to be on that side then too and was just as poor. 

That’s who it was. Couldn’t remember who the other player was. Always thought Trossard had zero pace so I was thrown by that. 
Saying that Martinelli looking lightening too tonight. 

Any left winger that plays when Gomez or Bradley aren’t there will end up being their best player….simply because they have an open space in front of them to attack. What LW wouldn’t love and take advantage of that.

Edited by Binomial

19 minutes ago, kop205 said:

Jesus that was bad

We were as bad against Palace,  but managed to turn around through a little bit of luck, and the fact that Palace are s***e

But you can't get away with performances like these against good teams like Arsenal 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Molby said:

importantly, you’re home, and seemingly composed

let’s celebrate that

meantime I drank all day, culminating in octopus and chips 

Ha. Thanks man. Yes, the affordance of my post may have suggested composure. A longer post and you would have seen the cracks.

9 hours ago, muleskinner said:

ASLEF saved me 150 quid today

That was me after Tottenham!

I broke my no away games rule to go yesterday, was actually alright apart from the football. 

Aside from that 10 minute period at the start of the second half we were never really at it. Their press was excellent and we looked a bit dumbfounded by it; Gravenberch in particular. Might have been a different story if we’d had Szoboszlai and not had to start a rusty Trent. 

There’s still 45 points on offer and we can build up a head of steam this month with some easier games plus there’s a trophy up for grabs.

Yesterday was just one of those days - we’ve not had many recently. 

• Upvote 1

Travelled into London with a CFC mate of mine who was going to their game. He was blown away by how good we were on Wednesday but said “are you worried you might have left too much on us” which I think is ultimately how it panned out. 

I think if we played Arsenal first we win, and then still have enough to beat Chelsea at home.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy Cockles said:

Travelled into London with a CFC mate of mine who was going to their game. He was blown away by how good we were on Wednesday but said “are you worried you might have left too much on us” which I think is ultimately how it panned out. 

I think if we played Arsenal first we win, and then still have enough to beat Chelsea at home.

I think it's more to with they're a badly coached bag of s***e to be honest 

2 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

I think it's more to with they're a badly coached bag of s***e to be honest 

Sure, but to subject a team to a relentless chasing like that for 100 mins, its a massive ask to raise it again a few days later, away at a top side.

13 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Yesterday was just one of those days - we’ve not had many recently. 

Yup. Just going to have to sit with it for a bit. They’ve performed amazingly and haven’t put us through this often. We’re not good enough (I don’t think anyone is) to assume we’ll just steamroller everyone so stuff like last night is going to happen over the course of a season.

Let’s win every game up to and including City and see what that looks like.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tommy Cockles said:

I said just that during the Chelsea game

we went at them like kamikazes 

• Upvote 1

The quiet of their crowd until the lads f***ed up was poetry. We may not have been good but we still have them 3 gifts of goals.

It’s a shame like but that stadium is more a stage production than a bear pit for atmosphere.

22 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Still pissed off. Felt like yesterday was a chance to really make a statement and we fluffed our lines badly.

The Man U game left me feeling far more frustrated and annoyed than yesterdays performance. 
Our intensity just wasn’t there and it wasn’t a surprise when you saw the team sheet and who was missing. 
At half time I thought there was only going to be one winner and I suspect Arsenal did too. Whatever momentum we built at the start of the second half simply evaporated when two of our best ever players had a moment. Simply one of those and one to forget about. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Their press was excellent and we looked a bit dumbfounded by it;

Which is a huge surprise as all we seem to do in training is rondos.

We lost a lot of energy and fire with Nunez, Bradley and Szobo swapping out for Gakpo, Trent and Gravenberch. Literally swapping out three relentless, fast runners and pressers for three of the slower players in the squad.

Those three were absolutely all over Chelsea on Wednesday, in their faces - and we didn’t look the same team without them. All three replacements are good or great players but the cumulative effect of all three was significant in slowing us down. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Leo No.8 said:

We lost a lot of energy and fire with Nunez, Bradley and Szobo swapping out for Gakpo, Trent and Gravenberch. Literally swapping out three relentless, fast runners and pressers for three of the slower players in the squad.

Those three were absolutely all over Chelsea on Wednesday, in their faces - and we didn’t look the same team without them. All three replacements are good or great players but the cumulative effect of all three was significant in slowing us down. 

Agreed.

Gravenberch is a conundrum. He looked great early doors, against weaker opposition admittedly, but he’s looked a bit lost in recent months. Falls over a lot too, which is odd.