By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Man City FFP decision this month.

uppsala

Haha

'only man city have more lawyers than fans'

but it seems that they don't have any lawyers who are fans to explain why they are in trouble. City's irrefutable case appears to be an argument that the Investigatory Chamber and consequently the Adjudication Chamber could not look into the period up to 2016 due to the settlement reached in 2014. If that settlement was reached with UEFA being led to believe that the breaches of the FFP rules if they occurred (they were not admitted by City) were technical and it turns out that in fact City not only inflated the value of sponsorship deals but deliberately concealed the true nature of the deal as a means of overcoming the cap on owner investment i.e. a lot more than a merely technical breach based on a difference of opinion on the value of the deal, it is hardly surprising that UEFA decides to look at the position again and throws the book at City. 

but it seems that they don't have any lawyers who are fans to explain why they are in trouble. City's irrefutable case appears to be an argument that the Investigatory Chamber and consequently the Adjudication Chamber could not look into the period up to 2016 due to the settlement reached in 2014. If that settlement was reached with UEFA being led to believe that the breaches of the FFP rules if they occurred (they were not admitted by City) were technical and it turns out that in fact City not only inflated the value of sponsorship deals but deliberately concealed the true nature of the deal as a means of overcoming the cap on owner investment i.e. a lot more than a merely technical breach based on a difference of opinion on the value of the deal, it is hardly surprising that UEFA decides to look at the position again and throws the book at City. 

You got any idea what appeal avenues are open to City. Obviously it's CAS in the first instance but then I've seen various things like Swiss federal court or the European Supreme Court if that were to fail.

You got any idea what appeal avenues are open to City. Obviously it's CAS in the first instance but then I've seen various things like Swiss federal court or the European Supreme Court if that were to fail.

Will the punishment be put on hold until all these appeals are complete? I wouldn't have thought so

I’d have thought the point of agreeing to go to CAS would be for both parties to agree (in advance) to respect the outcome

Edit: i stand corrected

From Fydspedia

As a Swiss arbitration organization, decisions of the CAS can be appealed to the Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland.[9] Appeals of arbitration decisions are generally not successful,[10] and no evaluation of the merits is taking place and the evaluation is mainly based on whether procedural requirements have been met, and whether the award is incompatible with public policy. As of March 2012 there have been seven successful appeals. Six of the upheld appeals were procedural in nature, and only once has the Federal Supreme Court overruled a CAS decision on the merits of the case. This was in the case of Matuzalém, a Brazilian football playe

Edited by Cobs

Hehe big time. You think the refs like Liverpool eh, wait til you meet this lot

Ramos scores the winner from a corner, punches Ederson in the face in the act of scoring then whips off his shirt to reveal a t-shirt with a cartoon of him pissing on Sheik Mansoor. VAR allows it and the ref doesn't book him for the celebration.