By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Man City FFP decision this month.

uppsala

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Why? It’s only relevant if 14 teams want something we don’t. I’m confident that’s not the case. 

I'm not as confident as you. At least not that the position will remain as things go on longer. 

1 hour ago, psl said:

I'm not as confident as you. At least not that the position will remain as things go on longer. 

That’s obvious enough from your posts. And I don’t mean that in s***ty way. 

I think they understand that first option is to finish the season and the decks have been cleared to do so until end of July. So what’s happened in the last week or so, which has changed the previous unanimous decision? Nothing apart from the off-the-record briefings in a news vacuum. It’s posturing and there’s zero reason to make any decisions for another month. Even then they should be thinking about contingency planning with last resort being voiding the season. 

15 hours ago, Raj said:

That’s obvious enough from your posts. And I don’t mean that in s***ty way. 

I think they understand that first option is to finish the season and the decks have been cleared to do so until end of July. So what’s happened in the last week or so, which has changed the previous unanimous decision? Nothing apart from the off-the-record briefings in a news vacuum. It’s posturing and there’s zero reason to make any decisions for another month. Even then they should be thinking about contingency planning with last resort being voiding the season. 

I'm not saying it won't happen. I just dont know. No one does as football has never been here before and we don't know how long we will be in lockdown etc.

Already cracks are showing in the previous message that every team wants to finish the season and I think this would get louder and gain more support, the longer it takes before football can start again.

My point here was just that now is maybe not the time to piss off a potential vote!

16 minutes ago, psl said:

I'm not saying it won't happen. I just dont know. No one does as football has never been here before and we don't know how long we will be in lockdown etc.

Already cracks are showing in the previous message that every team wants to finish the season and I think this would get louder and gain more support, the longer it takes before football can start again.

My point here was just that now is maybe not the time to piss off a potential vote!

I know what you’re saying. 

I don’t think the info coming through has changed much though. The situation Definitely hasn’t changed in the last week. This is pure speculation hiding behind anonymous sources. If nothing has happened by mid-May I’ll get worried. 

1 minute ago, psl said:

I don't mean to come across as unduly negative. If I had to put money on it, I would go for us ending up with the trophy, either by it being awarded to us or the games somehow being played. 

I don’t think you are, although you do seem more worries about it than me!

back to the original point, but I don’t think it helps City to reset the league, they’re still faced with a Euro ban. I don’t think they’re minded to void the season. 

1 minute ago, Raj said:

I don’t think you are, although you do seem more worries about it than me!

back to the original point, but I don’t think it helps City to reset the league, they’re still faced with a Euro ban. I don’t think they’re minded to void the season. 

I wouldn't want to if I was City.

Might be different if the league was to be keep going but the CL stopped.

Like I said in the other thread in the LFC forum - it makes less logical sense to scrub a season 75% complete, with all of the hassles - promotion, relegation, final positions (prize money) bonuses etc, than it does to scrub next season, 0% complete.

Or abridge next season, no domestic cups, maybe even no H/A in European ties or f*** the TV scheduling off and don't spread the R16 over 4 weeks, do it on consecutive weeks like the old days

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, stressederic said:

Seems like an age ago that City's penalty was handed out but their appeal is going to be heard by CAS on 8-10 June.

Looking forward to all the City fans tweeting "it's not the time to be thinking about football"....

Through a few guest appearances on Bluemoon, it’s clear that a few of the ‘respected’ posters believe that when we win the league City are going to release some information to deliberately take the shine off. This is ‘big’ apparently and may League to criminal charges. 

This is beyond the original ‘hacking’ stuff. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DecidedByPoll said:

Through a few guest appearances on Bluemoon, it’s clear that a few of the ‘respected’ posters believe that when we win the league City are going to release some information to deliberately take the shine off. This is ‘big’ apparently and may League to criminal charges. 

This is beyond the original ‘hacking’ stuff. 

Oh boo-hoo

43 minutes ago, Swipe said:

I've a feeling, based on nothing, they're gonna get off it. Or have the ban suspended. 

Their defence is flimsy though, they're not saying that they didn't do it, focusing more on UEFA being vindictive against them 

• 2 weeks later...