By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Liverpool vs Everton, Weds 4 Dec, 20.15

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was interesting listening to LAST year's Anfield Wrap post Ev game - The Divock Derby - They were full of praise for how Everton played then, and I do remember them being pretty impressive.

They're like a manager/team who have had a collective nervous breakdown.

I came away saying that was the best they had played against us for years.

I think it was the previous season (under Allardyce) when they had the prime - and hilarious - tactic of booting the ball out of touch as deep as possible in our half and then marking up to win the ball back from our throw-in, rugby-style.

The way Everton set up against us was pretty much unforgivable. A high defensive line and two attacking central midfielders. It’s like Silva wanted to lose.

Maybe he has a nice buyout clause in his contract that kicks in when he is fired.  Or, he's waiting for the Watford call from Elton John.

Everton’s squad is badly put together and suggests a lack of planning. For example you don’t pair Mina with Keane because they both turn at the speed of an oil tanker.

You could have one of them as the ball winner with a more mobile CB. It just looks like someone has said ‘this lad has scored a couple of goals in the World Cup and we need a centre half so let’s buy him’. We exploited that weakness ruthlessly from the first minute last night.

They have some decent players in the squad but no balance and they don’t complement each other.

They were just happy to be signing a player from Barcelona.

Today I've just had a drive upto ayrshire..went past Glenbuck an by f*** everything is miles better after twatting the blues****..hope everyone else's day is sweeter.

Is that your Ayrshire bacon?

No, I'm just warming my hands

They booed all the subs, but scurried off at the end quietly - they couldn’t even be bothered booing anymore (and it’s usually their favourite thing to do).

Where I sit in U3 upper main .....We could see them leaving after 18 mins when we'd just got out 2nd. There wan't many of the left by the end. As soon as gini scored the rest f***ed off quite sharpish too. 

Where I sit in U3 upper main .....We could see them leaving after 18 mins when we'd just got out 2nd. There wan't many of the left by the end. As soon as gini scored the rest f***ed off quite sharpish too.

Yeah there were a fair few got off at 2-0!

They are a sad, sad bunch. Imagine being an Evertonian.