By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Brendan Rodgers, Our ex-Manager

Duncan Disorderly

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PSV's win over the mancs illustrates again why Rodgers has to go. We have better players available then PSV but they played like a team and fought for every inch of the pitch. I dont see this in our team.

I think the 6-1 defeat to stoke, 4-1 to Arsenal, 3-0 to Real Madrid (and the team selection for Real away), the defeats to Palace and west ham at home, and the way we lost to united illustrates that much better tbh

I think the 6-1 defeat to stoke, 4-1 to Arsenal, 3-0 to Real Madrid (and the team selection for Real away), the defeats to Palace and west ham at home, and the way we lost to united illustrates that much better tbh

yeah but apart from that

The loss to Aston Villa in the semi was it for me, wanted him gone then and it's not often I disagree with stuff Knox says on TAW but it isn't pointless to get rid of him now after backing him in the summer, part of being a boss/owner/leader is knowing when you have made a bad call and fixing it asap rather than sticking with it.

Apologies to Knox, I was paraphrasing.

Plus his face annoys me now. (Rodgers not Knox)

yeah but apart from that

The loss to Aston Villa in the semi was it for me, wanted him gone then and it's not often I disagree with stuff Knox says on TAW but it isn't pointless to get rid of him now after backing him in the summer, part of being a boss/owner/leader is knowing when you have made a bad call and fixing it asap rather than sticking with it.

Agree with all of this. Had my doubts and concerns before, but the Villa semi was like the Everton match under RFH. It became beyond doubt that it wasn't going to work.

On the TAW point, it would be ridiculous to sack him now after backing him in the summer, but the part that is ridiculous is the backing him, firing him just exposes that decision for what it was. The longer this goes on, the more ridiculous that decision (or lack of decision) looks.

If we sack him in 2 matches, or 2 months, it will not only look ridiculous to have backed him in the summer, it will look ridiculous to have written off an entire season to try to avoid looking silly.

FSG pretty much got a pass when they wrote off 2010/11 by letting RFH linger well beyond the obvious, I'm not sure they'll be forgiven again, specially if they lose out on the obvious replacements by doing so.

yeah but apart from that

Agree. Don't get this argument at all, to be honest.

Agree with all of this. Had my doubts and concerns before, but the Villa semi was like the Everton match under RFH. It became beyond doubt that it wasn't going to work.

On the TAW point, it would be ridiculous to sack him now after backing him in the summer, but the part that is ridiculous is the backing him, firing him just exposes that decision for what it was. The longer this goes on, the more ridiculous that decision (or lack of decision) looks.

If we sack him in 2 matches, or 2 months, it will not only look ridiculous to have backed him in the summer, it will look ridiculous to have written off an entire season to try to avoid looking silly.

FSG pretty much got a pass when they wrote off 2010/11 by letting RFH linger well beyond the obvious, I'm not sure they'll be forgiven again, specially if they lose out on the obvious replacements by doing so.

The rumours in the summer were that Gordon had played a massive part in him keeping his job - its safe to assume that he'll be given every opportunity to show it was the right decision.

For how long is another matter - but I think it will be late November at the earliest.

yeah but apart from that

If you feel he's not the right man for the job then it's pointless keeping him there. Regardless of how early in the season it is. We could still achieve something this season but we need a change

There's still a s***-load of tickets available for this on the official ticket site. Shows the level of apathy and disillusionment around at the moment.

I've just checked

I actually hoped there would be loads so that FSG would f*** off but there only seems to be about 15 left

Yep.. Just sack him asap.

It needs to end and can't be wasting another season that could still be galvanised.

By whom ?

Given that FSG gave Rodgers permission to sack staff ( at a cost ) and also a new cheque book - in fact, that they even appointed him in the first place...

Who's next ?

By whom ?

Given that FSG gave Rodgers permission to sack staff ( at a cost ) and also a new cheque book - in fact, that they even appointed him in the first place...

Who's next ?

Marsh was out of contract and Pascoe had one year left in his deal so I doubt it cost that much to get rid.