By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Things to do to cheer us up

Stanley Leisure

I posted in another thread how my wife and I had had a miscarriage after going through IVF at the start of the year. We did it again a few months ago, it worked and she had her 21 week scan this morning. Everything going great.

The relief each time we have a scan and the (lovely) staff confirm it's all good is unquantifiable. 

Fab, just fab, congrats to you all mate.

Not sure if ‘cheered up’ is the right term, but I got to see the original armistice document from 1918 today.

I’m at the end of a mini research trip to Paris and the archive just put it on display yesterday ahead of next month so I got to go and see it.

For such an important document I genuinely never thought I’d get to see it in person. Left me a bit strangely emotional to be honest but also genuinely made up that I got to see it.

Kids just got back from a long weekend in Rome staying at Lucas' gaff..... either side of his trip to Parma for his match and training they went and saw the sights of the city...

They got back late last night absolutely knackered but had a great time..

IMG-20181023-WA0000_1.jpg

Ah that’s cracking, Barnesy. It’s really nice that your lad is able to continue his friendship with Lucas’ son. Must be hard for the kids when they get moved around a lot.

Not sure if ‘cheered up’ is the right term, but I got to see the original armistice document from 1918 today.

I’m at the end of a mini research trip to Paris and the archive just put it on display yesterday ahead of next month so I got to go and see it.

For such an important document I genuinely never thought I’d get to see it in person. Left me a bit strangely emotional to be honest but also genuinely made up that I got to see it.

Ah that’s cracking, Barnesy. It’s really nice that your lad is able to continue his friendship with Lucas’ son. Must be hard for the kids when they get moved around a lot.

Yeah it's great we have kept in touch and great that Lucas and his wife were welcoming enough to let my boys stay with them and show them about. They watched the Huddersfield game together Saturday night... His garden is incredible and has a five a side pitch at the bottom of it which they all played on for most of Monday morning..

He seems to be loving life over there and his son now plays for Lazio kids team

Kids just got back from a long weekend in Rome staying at Lucas' gaff..... either side of his trip to Parma for his match and training they went and saw the sights of the city... 

They got back late last night absolutely knackered but had a great time.. 

IMG-20181023-WA0000_1.jpg

Absolutely awesome Barnesy.