By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Next Liverpool Manager

Kid Klopp

On 31/01/2024 at 23:11, chrisbonnie said:

So has your man Llinders got no chance of getting the job, or does he not fancy it... 

It wouldn't be the worst would it

Ljinders is my first choice but Teamtalk claim we are interested in Sporting Lisbon manager Ruben Amorim.

Never hear of him until now.

27 minutes ago, BigBird said:

Ljinders is my first choice but Teamtalk claim we are interested in Sporting Lisbon manager Ruben Amorim.

his name was mentioned last week. 

i actually sat down to watch Sporting on monday night. I watched the first 20 minutes and thought sporting looked crap. 

they went on to win 8 nil..........goes to show i dont know as much as i initially thought about football 🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, BigBird said:

He's been on the "next exciting thing" radar for a bit now. Made winners out of a shambles of a Sporting side and before that he had Braga playing really well. Sporting payed €10M release for him to Braga as well, which is the 3rd highest fee ever payed for a manager. Everybody seems to like him as a person and a manager. Few years ahead of Xabi on the learning curve. 

I'd be really pleased with him as our next manager. Xabi, as the romantic choice, great, but this has come a year or too early for me to be entirely at ease with it. 

Edited by Foxtrot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBird said:

There are a few articles earlier in the thread.

Impressive guy.

• Upvote 1

On 31/01/2024 at 11:37, smithdown said:

Not arguing he should get it but my bottle wouldn’t go if he did.  I don’t think anyone takes spurs much beyond this.  Ever.  

True story. My best mate is a Spurs fan and is old enough to remember them winning the league (not many of them left). I don't bother mocking them anymore, they are universally hated in London because of their delusions of grandeur and that they think they are English aristocracy.

We did get into the conversation recently and he claimed one of the reasons that Spurs are a massive club is that they went to Wembley six times in just over 12 months. This was in living memory and not when they used Wembley during the rebuild.

Do you know what it is yet?

Edited by Murphman
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Murphman said:

True story. My best mate is a Spurs fan and is old enough to remember them winning the league (not many of them left). I don't bother mocking them anymore, they are universally hated in London because of their delusions of grandeur and that they think they are English aristocracy.

We did get into the conversation recently and he claimed one of the reasons that Spurs are a massive club is that they went to Wembley six times in just over 12 months. This was in living memory and not when they used Wembley during the rebuild.

For the mangoes on Ealing Road?  

Not sure I care but I’m guessing semi finals and Charity shields are thrown in.  

35 minutes ago, Murphman said:

Played their European games there?

55 minutes ago, Murphman said:

81 FAC final + replay (Ricky Villa etc) & 81 Charity Shield (drew with Aston Villa)

82 LC final (lost to us) 82 FAC final + replay v QPR 

thats 6 Wembley visits 

plus 82 Charity Shield which they lost to us

so actually it’s 7 Wembley matches

won 2 drew 3 lost 2

MASSIVE club 🤣

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, kop205 said:

How hard is he?

5'3" and gentle as a lamb. But his dad was a good amateur from Bethnal Green and knew The Kray family so didn't have to be hard.

Take that to the bank

14 hours ago, Cobs said:

81 FAC final + replay (Ricky Villa etc) & 81 Charity Shield (drew with Aston Villa)

82 LC final (lost to us) 82 FAC final + replay v QPR 

thats 6 Wembley visits 

plus 82 Charity Shield which they lost to us

so actually it’s 7 Wembley matches

won 2 drew 3 lost 2

MASSIVE club 🤣

🤣

3 minutes ago, Murphman said:

5'3" and gentle as a lamb. But his dad was a good amateur from Bethnal Green and knew The Kray family so didn't have to be hard.

Take that to the bank

🤣

You're doing it on purpose now.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Murphman said:

Do you work as a consultant to Guy Ritchie?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hassony said:

Do you work as a consultant to Guy Ritchie?

It's all true Hass, my mate's family have a road in the East End named after a prominent member of their family, Lomas Road. It isn't my fault I know a lot of characters, I collect interesting people like others collect football programmes 🙂

7 hours ago, psl said:

You're doing it on purpose now.

I know how it reads, and I love the reactions but it's all the truth. My mate doesn't think it's at all out of the ordinary, he says where he was born everybody knew each other and certainly knowing the Krays was a given

Edited by Murphman
  • Like 1
  • Love 1