By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

EU Referendum

DazzlaJ

EU Referendum  

327 members have voted

1. 1. In, out, undecided

• Stay
    • Leave
    • Not sure

This poll is closed to new votes

On 01/01/2021 at 13:12, pipnasty said:

Now that Brexit is over, 'The Great Reset' will become the next battleground for the Right and Left

Brexit isn't over, might be "done" but not over. It'll rumble on forever in the form of our ongoing relationship.

That idiot makes me laugh. Pure misinformation. From my own experience of the company I work for manufacturing goods and shipping into the UK. We were as prepared as we could be after discussing with transporters and the DoT about what was required and all was requested from customers. All put in place, but due to the late delivery of the s***e deal we obtained. we soon discovered that the preparation was nowhere near enough and that the layers of red tape are huge. Most of our goods that we have shipped are still stuck at customs, so for over 2 weeks, because the administration required is so big the customs agents on both sides of the border are struggling to cope with it all. Clearly, things will improve, but the Customs Freight Simplified Procedure (CFSP) which was supposed to streamline the process is an absolute ballache to set up and only lasts for 6 months anyway. Most customers rightly say whats the point, I will stick with full declaration of customs forms but noone else is ready to handle those things either. Its a clusterf*** at the moment

11 minutes ago, jimbolala said:

So if the fish cant be exported due to Brexit, then how come the price of fish has risen in my chippy. Can we not buy that stranded fish, sure it's a market economy as per all great capitalist theory 

Do you think you were lied too?

11 hours ago, jimbolala said:

So if the fish cant be exported due to Brexit, then how come the price of fish has risen in my chippy. Can we not buy that stranded fish, sure it's a market economy as per all great capitalist theory 

Smaller quotas for U.K. fisherman have led to rising prices for popular fish like cod and haddock. A lot is being landed outside the U.K. now in Denmark and other countries to avoid the monumental clusterf*** that is post-Brexit customs and processing. Millions per day being lost apparently. Still, taking back control and all that....

18 hours ago, muleskinner said:

Do you think you were lied too?

By whom and when? If by the Tories, yes always telling lies whether in discussing EU or Covid. If you mean lied to specifically over Brexit and I now have changed my mind , then no, but I'm sure there are folks out there who do. You can blame the folk who feel they where lied to,but it wont change matters, might make you feel good. The current political system rewards lies and when issues are polarised as in the referendum,  this is amplified.

The EU themselves have come under attack by those on the left for their inaction in Poland over abortion rights, Spain over voting rights and bizarrely the mess up in Ireland over the hard border and vaccines.

The EU is still a capitalist shrine and at any given point has no qualms about enforcing laws that ultimately hurt the poorest in society.  

12 minutes ago, jimbolala said:

By whom and when? If by the Tories, yes always telling lies whether in discussing EU or Covid. If you mean lied to specifically over Brexit and I now have changed my mind , then no, but I'm sure there are folks out there who do. You can blame the folk who feel they where lied to,but it wont change matters, might make you feel good. The current political system rewards lies and when issues are polarised as in the referendum,  this is amplified.

The EU themselves have come under attack by those on the left for their inaction in Poland over abortion rights, Spain over voting rights and bizarrely the mess up in Ireland over the hard border and vaccines.

The EU is still a capitalist shrine and at any given point has no qualms about enforcing laws that ultimately hurt the poorest in society.  

Doesn't make me feel good at all, its a f***ing unnecessary mess that is destroying businesses and livelihoods all over the UK for no reason other than 'sovereignty' and 'control'. 

1 hour ago, jimbolala said:

What are they meant to do? Send in the giant EU army? Oh hang on.. So they get accused of over meddling by some and not meddling enough by others?

18 minutes ago, jimbolala said:

So you dont think the EU can do anything to resolve a situation other than send in an army?

Of course they can. But it’s a fine line isn’t it. Would you be happy with the EU demanding the uk government change policies that they don’t like? Isn’t this exactly the reason for brexit? 

Edited by Romario