By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Random low content stuff

Swan Red

2 hours ago, Earl Hafler said:

During the night couple of weeks ago, I woke up absolutely red hot - could've fried an egg on my chest

Smashed a load of paracetamol, honey etc down and was much better two days later but I cannot shake off this weird chesty thing. I don't have coughing fits but laughing forces me to cough and I'm waking up feeling like I've a head cold, although that subsides during the day.

Apparently loads have had it and someone mentioned a 100 day cough 

my dad mentioned the 100 day cough to me. 

I came back from the UK with a sore throat. Developed - last Fri - into feeling like there was broken glass in my throat. Felt pretty rubbish all weekend, had a look at my tonsils they were bright red. Finally went to the doc on Monday, said I have an ear infection. Gave me antibiotics for it. Have been all over the place this week - deaf, dizzy, throat has subsided but I go to bed and cough for an hour, seriously thought the neighbours were going to come over the other night. 

It's easing a little but I'm still way off 100% and that's after a week of antibiotics

A few years ago, well before Covid, I got whooping cough - I used to cough so much that I would puke at the end, literally coughing my guts up. Lasted about 3 months - hence the 100 day cough thing.

3 hours ago, Gethin said:

Not helped myself by emptying a loft that’s barely been touched in 40 years the last few days. Dusty as f*** and my chest is feeling it 

1 hour ago, muleskinner said:

Big outbreak of that in Corfu, 2 dead.

51 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

I came back from the UK with a sore throat. Developed - last Fri - into feeling like there was broken glass in my throat. Felt pretty rubbish all weekend, had a look at my tonsils they were bright red. Finally went to the doc on Monday, said I have an ear infection. Gave me antibiotics for it. Have been all over the place this week - deaf, dizzy, throat has subsided but I go to bed and cough for an hour, seriously thought the neighbours were going to come over the other night. 

It's easing a little but I'm still way off 100% and that's after a week of antibiotics

See I've not had the throat or persistent coughing but it's there if I laugh or try one of my long bike rides; and can feel fine during the afternoon but wake up and feel like my sinuses are blocked....next day I wake up fine. 

Can't shake it off and I'm rarely ill 

I've put it down to this horrendous winter - wettest I've ever known - coming 12-18 months after the last COVID jabs, which will have affected the immune system 

1 hour ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

My "hundred day cough" came complete with 2 ear infections.

I’ve had the cough thing since the week after the league cup final. I was properly ill for 2 weeks and since then just a bit ropey, cough at night, feel a bit short of breath sometimes, still sound like I’ve got a cold on the phone to people etc.

9 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

I’ve had the cough thing since the week after the league cup final. I was properly ill for 2 weeks and since then just a bit ropey, cough at night, feel a bit short of breath sometimes, still sound like I’ve got a cold on the phone to people etc.

I'm similar.  A dreadful cold, the worst I've had in years.  Tested negative for covid twice but I've been left with a cough for weeks.  It's not a hacking, painful cough but it's one that's attempting to clear constant congestion in my lungs which haven't felt 100%.

My wife got the cold a week after me and has developed a similar cough.  I've been improving slowly but she's had it worse, though since she got pneumonia a few years ago every cold she gets always seems to have a legacy of a long-lasting cough.

My two daughters both got the cold at the same time.  They shrugged it off without much bother.  I f***ing hate young people.

1 hour ago, Gethin said:

Feeling shame. Had an issue with the coffee machine that I had to resort to RTFM to fix.

In my defence I hadn't had any coffee yet.

RTFM? 

Ahh - Read The f***ing Manual? 

Edited by Tommok
You kids and your fancy acronyms 😊
  • Haha 1

eclipse was alright like. 90% here so it was like a crescent moon but in reverse. 

Typically a massive f*** off thick cloud came in 5 mons before its apex

Didn't get nearly as dark as I expected - knew it wasn't going to be like nighttime but it was more like "it's about to pour"

12 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

eclipse was alright like. 90% here so it was like a crescent moon but in reverse. 

Typically a massive f*** off thick cloud came in 5 mons before its apex

Didn't get nearly as dark as I expected - knew it wasn't going to be like nighttime but it was more like "it's about to pour"

You need totality to get significant darkness.  Even just a tiny percentage uncovered leads to not huge dimming.

1 minute ago, Redwire said:

You need totality to get significant darkness.  Even just a tiny percentage uncovered leads to not huge dimming.

yeah, figured as much, shows how powerful the sun's light is. Had those glasses where you could look at it, so saw a good sight but like i said before the cloud came in it really didn't dim the light that much

On 04/04/2024 at 23:19, D.Boon said:

I like Mark Knopfler he seems sound

He was on BBC Breakfast News this morning. He looks like Mel Smith now*.

*Clarification - Mark Knopfler now looks like Mel Smith as Mel Smith looked when he was alive. Not that Mark Knopfler looks like Mel Smith now looks.

• Haha 1

Picked up my new glasses today.

WOW, a massive improvement on distance viewing.

Well worth the ridiculous price they charged. At least until I see it on my credit card.😎 From a distance.

Optician told me I was borderline illegal for night driving. These will help.