Sign in to follow this  
Swan Red

Random low content stuff

Reckon the majority of my (and macca's) threads could have gone into a thread like this. A thread for random s*** that doesn't belong anywhere else but doesn't warrant a thread of its own.

Was driving home the other day and it occurred to me that in films when someone has their brakes tampered with and are frantically pushing the brakes that no one ever though to stall the f***ing car. It may be that this doesn't help but it occurred to me that it should.

Also winter f***ing sucks.

Was driving home the other day and it occurred to me that in films when someone has their brakes tampered with and are frantically pushing the brakes that no one ever though to stall the f***ing car. It may be that this doesn't help but it occurred to me that it should.

Did the mention of Senna bring this memory back?

Reckon the majority of my (and macca's) threads could have gone into a thread like this. A thread for random s*** that doesn't belong anywhere else but doesn't warrant a thread of its own.

They're usually going downhill aren't they? They could equally just turn off the engine.

Does my head in how everyone on tv shows has/knows everyone else's number, as well as the number for every single company/institution.

They're usually going downhill aren't they? They could equally just turn off the engine.

Does my head in how everyone on tv shows has/knows everyone else's number, as well as the number for every single company/institution.

I don't like it that no one says 'bye' at the end of phonecalls on TV.

Did the mention of Senna bring this memory back?

I'm not sure I should have laughed quite as hard as I did.

It's mainly that when I post elsewhere there are obvious dumping threads for my s***. It's about time we had one here.

and no one ever receives a wrong number or dials one that doesn't lead to some integral plot line that makes me think it was less of an accident than is supposed

and no one ever receives a wrong number or dials one that doesn't lead to some integral plot line that makes me think it was less of an accident than is supposed

I remember in Ransom when Mel Gibson was waiting for a phone call from the kidnapper they got a call from an Indian telemarketer instead, Mel was furious

And do American teenagers all have their own phoneline for their bedroom. They always get calls late at night, and it never disturbs anyone else in the house.

No "it's for me, Mum! Put the phone down!" stuff in those films.

There are phone jacks in nearly every room in our house and looking at the way they are fitted they must have been done when the house was new in the early 80's.. It is not unusual though as when we were looking for a house to buy most of them had a similar number. So it was probably the norm for everyone to have a phone in their room. Totally redundant now though as we only have the one landline phone and it is barely used - only rings when Hassony's telemarketer wants to sell me solar panels.

Edited by DanielS

And do American teenagers all have their own phoneline for their bedroom. They always get calls late at night, and it never disturbs anyone else in the house.

Teenagers don't use the front door, they all climb to their friends room

must be nice to live in such a safe country

And people are always shoving guns in the waist of their trousers and never shoot themselves in the a*** or dick

Or rev match down to a speed where they could just hit something with low damage

Halloween costumes on soap operas looking like they're straight out of a Hollywood costume department instead of the Pound Shop.

What's that about?

also when youre a kid watching an american film and theyre a poor family from the wrong side of the tracks and it goes to their house and they live in a lovely big detached house and youre thinking what the f***.

or use the handbrake.

When I was 17 my mum had a Peugeot 505 - massive f***er, 3 rows of seats, sat 8 people. I was driving home from a mate's just outside Crewe, with mates in the car, through the country roads around there & I couldn't f***ing brake. It was mental, for a moment I thought I was losing my mind, as I'd hit the brake & nothing would happen. So in the end, it was the handbrake - or a field - the car stalled, the power steering went & it was a heave f***er.

One of my mates knew a bit about cars, so hard a look under the bonnet. Basically what happened was a cable from the accelerator to whatever part in the engine had a spring that popped off; the French as they would designed this so if the spring popped off the f***ing effect was opening the accelerator full, permanently rather than the safer option being the opposite.

when I was younger, it used to annoy me when I saw a sex scene in a film, and you can clearly see them wearing an underwear

I think I was about 14 when I realised that they weren't actually having sex in movies

or use the handbrake.

When I was 17 my mum had a Peugeot 505 - massive f*****, 3 rows of seats, sat 8 people. I was driving home from a mate's just outside Crewe, with mates in the car, through the country roads around there & I couldn't f***ing brake. It was mental, for a moment I thought I was losing my mind, as I'd hit the brake & nothing would happen. So in the end, it was the handbrake - or a field - the car stalled, the power steering went & it was a heave f*****.

One of my mates knew a bit about cars, so hard a look under the bonnet. Basically what happened was a cable from the accelerator to whatever part in the engine had a spring that popped off; the French as they would designed this so if the spring popped off the f***ing effect was opening the accelerator full, permanently rather than the safer option being the opposite.

The forum's Sliding Doors moment.

There's a girl who gets the same train as me home from town and I really fancy her. There's no way I can talk to her on a packed train without sounding like a big massive weirdo is there?

There's a girl who gets the same train as me home from town and I really fancy her. There's no way I can talk to her on a packed train without sounding like a big massive weirdo is there?

Not if you invite her out for a pasta-topped pizza

Not really - spill hot coffee on her, that's always an ice-breaker.

also when youre a kid watching an american film and theyre a poor family from the wrong side of the tracks and it goes to their house and they live in a lovely big detached house and youre thinking what the f***.

Ha!

And detectives that don't play by the rules but are still brilliant at their jobs always lived in absolute s***-holes in the 80's. They've made it to detective level. They can't be that badly paid.

I think the point is that they don't care about where they live. They just need a place to lay their hat and a few bad friends.

Follow her. Everywhere.

Then you'll get to know her likes - e.g. if she smokes, you can go up to her on the train & ask for a light

Or maybe she'll notice you one day (following her) and become intrigued which will quickly turn to love.

Nailed on winning solutions there