By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coutinho

Cobs

Yeah I agree with both of these points.

Unless we already have deals agreed (highly unlikely) then we’ll get messed around by selling clubs and in the unlikely scenario that we get a deal done we’ll pay massively over the odds.

Are Southampton getting messed around when they enquire about a player (this month), do you reckon?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are Southampton getting messed around when they enquire about a player (this month), do you reckon?

This analogy doesn’t really work though does it? Although I’m not even certain I know what you’re implying ;)

They’d probably get messed around by Leicester if they went in for Mahrez.

This analogy doesn’t really work though does it? Although I’m not even certain I know what you’re implying ;)

Yes but they’ll account that into the fee we inevitably pay Southampton for mahrez 3 Seasons later

I really don't buy the assumption that any club who sells a player for a large amount of money then gets screwed by the next club they contact looking to buy a player.

If that were true, then Southampton would be getting screwed over by everyone they call this month and in the summer. And I don't believe that is the case.

And presumably no transfer fee would ever be announced.

Gone 360 on this today and now I don't want him to go. Agree a deal for the summer, he and his wife can suck it up on his 200k a week for 5 months.

Haha. So no change then.

Bit like whoever it was last week who described something as the difference between light and day. :D

I did mean 360! Didn't want him to go this morning, got convinced Kloppo wants him gone so was OK with it, now I'm back to "keep hold of him, he's key to success this season."

I realise no-one will believe me on this.

Barca wouldn’t be this bold without Coutinho’s backing. The lack of loyalty and professionalism shown by coutinho to his team mates and manager ( nevermind the club and fans) mid season is s***e.

He knows he’s off in the summer, so why the madness now.

Also it’s hard to know his ceiling. For someone on a contract for the next half a decade without a buyout clause, 150m for a player worth more to us than them seems low.

I really don't buy the assumption that any club who sells a player for a large amount of money then gets screwed by the next club they contact looking to buy a player.

If that were true, then Southampton would be getting screwed over by everyone they call this month and in the summer. And I don't believe that is the case.

And presumably no transfer fee would ever be announced.

I wasn’t referring to us having the Coutinho transfer money in the bank being a particular issue,I just meant in general clubs owning the type/calibre of player we’d want to replace him would mess us around as they’re not going to want to lose such a player halfway through the season unless it’s crazy money.