By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coutinho

Cobs

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

latin players always want to go to Barca or Real, I heard that Klopp has made the call to keep him away from the team for selection as he only wants players 100% committed. As it stands nothing has happened just the normal media bulls*** from Barca.  I think the club will evaluate once a bid comes in

See now this intrigues me.

I tried to imagine all tastes and scenarios.

Which ex players do we reckon are most likely to set up a science facility with their millions ?

What would be the focus of their research.

Good lamacq style phone in topic that.

Definitely the first thing I will do as a multimillionaire footballer is set up a lab making high-tech iced juice drinks.

Hasn’t that high tech been done by the isotonic lucozades of this world ? I’m not sure there’s anything left to discover in the juice arena.

I tried to imagine all tastes and scenarios.

Which ex players do we reckon are most likely to set up a science facility with their millions ?

What would be the focus of their research.

Glen Johnson must be doing something dodgy with all that book learning he was doing. He's probably got a lab on a yacht in neutral water.

Melissa Reddy -

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/coutinho-closes-in-on-sealing-record-barcelona-transfer-from/l81wv45i1nqn1hbjvbhisi677

Barcelona are finalising an offer in excess of €150 million to secure Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool, which would make him the third-most expensive footballer in the world and their record signing.

There was a possibility of doing an advanced deal now ahead of 2018-19, but Barca and the 25-year-old are insistent on an immediate transfer.

It will be one of the quiet ones. Gregory Vignal working out how to harvest mineral modules from the ocean floor.

Nunez was a trained lawyer wasn't he?

Melissa Reddy -

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/coutinho-closes-in-on-sealing-record-barcelona-transfer-from/l81wv45i1nqn1hbjvbhisi677

Barcelona are finalising an offer in excess of €150 million to secure Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool, which would make him the third-most expensive footballer in the world and their record signing.

There was a possibility of doing an advanced deal now ahead of 2018-19, but Barca and the 25-year-old are insistent on an immediate transfer.

Think this was agreed long time ago, everything we see now is for show

Hopefully we have sorted out the replacements already, and it won't be just VVD coming in this January

Hopefully we have sorted out the replacements already, and it won't be just VVD coming in this January

Yeah we have to get players in this month now and not wait until the summer.

Wouldn't be a surprise - I wonder if making him captain recently was part of his farewell.

Sceptical of FSG and forward planning - a decent goalkeeper, Lemar with VVD already sorted and we'd definitely be stronger.

Edited by Hus

I don’t understand the timing of it. The summer suits all parties better.

It suits them just fine getting hm now as he can still play in the League and it weakens us should we meet in the Champions League.

Really don't get why he would be so insistent on going now though, it is just weird.

Wouldn't be a surprise - I wonder if making him captain recently was part of his farewell

Probably a last attempt to get him to change his mind

His loss, stay with us and he'll win an FA cup medal and a CL medal, go to Barca and he'll just end up with an empty la Liga medal

I don’t understand the timing of it. The summer suits all parties better.

You'd think so. Barca don't need him now and it means he can't play in the Champions League, which you think he might want to do.

Maybe, they're expecting another transfer ban.

Probably a last attempt to get him to change his mind

His loss, stay with us and he'll win an FA cup medal and a CL medal, go to Barca and he'll just end up with an empty la Liga medal

I doubt players care about the 'emptiness' of medals. They get to the end of their career and count em up - there are no footnotes in the record books.

He wants to go now - let him go. I suspect we promised him something along those lines in August, but we'll never know.

oof this sinking feeling

this feeling of loss of control, worse when it's f***ing FSG in charge of rescuing this by signing replacements THIS window

I think a control-freak  gravitates towards social media and seeking or providing information (made up or otherwise) just as much as a self-aggrandiser, as a proxy for not feeling entirely bypassed

We have no choice, but to believe though (IMO)

Our recent incoming transfers have been excellent - whoever that is down to, they've been great. So there is a reasonable case to be made for us to remain optimistic.

FFS, you're day-trading cryptocurrencies ... if you're not the ultimate optimist then we're all doomed :D

If he doesn't/cant play for this month - and it does appear to be the case with precedent of the last window - there is little point in keeping him. It's a s***house trick but that's life. Based on the improvement of the incoming players, and the fact we got the two we wanted most (Naby and VvD), I'm confident that not only have we identified talent to replace and improve the squad but we will et them in this month.