By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coutinho

Cobs

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say the thing I thought at the time but didn't say. When ox spoke for him - it was great that he did etc - it was pretty clear why he was uncomfortable at the line of questioning I thought. Would have been quite happy to wait for Phil try and find an answer.

It was clear as day what was happening there. It's no surprise all this.

I'll say the thing I thought at the time but didn't say. When ox spoke for him - it was great that he did etc - it was pretty clear why he was uncomfortable at the line of questioning I thought. Would have been quite happy to wait for Phil try and find an answer.

Was thinking about the same incident but for a different reason.  I'd read about Ox rushing in to support Phil in that interview and was curious to see the full clip.  When I did however the point Phil seemed to make a couple of times (as far as I remember) was that he just wanted to play...

Injured or not, it seems very much like he is throwing his toys out of the pram, which is a proper pain in the a***.

I'm not sure (I've said this a lot) what his strikes do. We know we can ride one out and get great form from him when he's back, he knows we didn't back down last time and seemingly not much has changed from our stance.

If there was an agreement about this window, he'd not need to "strike" would he?

I'm not sure (I've said this a lot) what his strikes do. We know we can ride one out and get great form from him when he's back, he knows we didn't back down last time and seemingly not much has changed from our stance.

If there was an agreement about this window, he'd not need to "strike" would he?

He wanted the move in the summer and it didn't happen, now the chance is looming again so he is pushing for the move again.

The only other thing he can do is put a transfer request in. Thing is he has a decent time left on his contract so that gives us some leverage. If Barca rate him as highly as we do, then we must stand firm, he is a quality player, we must look to get a sizeable transfer fee upfront to compensate us and allow us to reinvest in our squad.

The level of hysteria is a bit odd. As far as we know he's injured. And no-one has suggested he's striking or throwing his toys out. Absolutely nothing so far (as long as you ignore pricks like Duncan Castles).

It's inevitability not hysteria and being reported by rock solid sources.

The level of hysteria is a bit odd. As far as we know he's injured. And no-one has suggested he's striking or throwing his toys out. Absolutely nothing so far (as long as you ignore pricks like Duncan Castles).

Did you think he was injured in the summer? What about when he played for Brazil in the middle of the injury? Serious questions, am not hysterical.

Remember when Norwich put a price tag on Chris Suttons head along the lines of whoever puts £5m into our bank account first can have him? Blackburn Rovers did just that and Suttion was their player within a couple of days, I wonder if the club said similar but for an amount of £150m or whatever if the result would be the same? Call Barcas bluff and see if they pony up. At least if would stop them coming along and offering a packet of crisps and a mars bar for him next week.

In some weird way i think that this could be a good move by the club. Setting such a high price for Coutinho and forcing Barca to come up with the money will show how serious they are and if they don't pay the price then he stays and Coutinho knows that it's not us blocking his transfer it's Barca being full of s***. It's probably just wishful thinking but it feels unusual that we were so adamant he wouldn't be sold in the summer to then, whilst in a big battle for top 4 and in the later rounds of the Champs league that we would all of a sudden be up for selling our best player.