By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coutinho

Cobs

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's all comps

7 & 6 in League

but that's by the by

Mahrez was the best player in the League, (Coutinho's never been that) - his form dipped the season after - understandable as Leicester slumped too. Kante moved to a bigger & better club and kicked on. I think Mahrez can too - and for £40m or so he'd cost we should be in for him

Yes, mahrez is great and he's wasted at Leicester

It's all part of the same continuum from the summer, which at the time I described as

Keep Coutinho, sign VVD and Keita, win trophies.

Keep Coutinho sign one or the other, maybe win trophies

Lose Coutinho, sign both, maybe win trophies

Lose Coutinho, sign one or the other, probably not win anything

Lose Coutinho, don't sign either, don't win anything.

So we're at the 2nd to last option, having already narrowed our chances by having an autumn full of defensive c**k ups which have meant the league is gone once we missed out on VVD.

im over all this Bs if im honest with you guys. Tell Barca 150m pounds up front and he can leave. Phil should be told the same.

P.S we cannot replace him, the same way we couldn't replace Suarez. But now we have Klopp to rebuild us instead of Brendan f***ing Rodgers.

It's all part of the same continuum from the summer, which at the time I described as

Keep Coutinho, sign VVD and Keita, win trophies.

Keep Coutinho sign one or the other, maybe win trophies

Lose Coutinho, sign both, maybe win trophies

Lose Coutinho, sign one or the other, probably not win anything

Lose Coutinho, don't sign either, don't win anything.

So we're at the 2nd to last option, having already narrowed our chances by having an autumn full of defensive c**k ups which have meant the league is gone once we missed out on VVD.

The league would have been gone with or without VVD. And aren't we basically at the 3rd option. 

If he goes and we spend (a chunk of) the Coutinho money this window, benefit of a Jan sale could be apparent next season. New players (keeper, Goretzka, Mahrez?), as well as vvd, bedded in 2nd half of this season. Ready to go full tilt from the start of next year.

Does weaken us for this season but Klopp always emphasises long term and maybe also wants an unhappy player out.

If we sell him and don't spend in Jan, can't see any logic...

Edited by takanohana

these massive player splurges never happen. and certainly not in January

i'm interested in right now - winning the CL, the FA Cup, a top 4 finish. All of which will be impacted by Coutinho leaving.

Yeah I agree with both of these points.

Unless we already have deals agreed (highly unlikely) then we’ll get messed around by selling clubs and in the unlikely scenario that we get a deal done we’ll pay massively over the odds.