By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

TV shows (but not GoT)

crisps

3 hours ago, D.Boon said:

Started on the Netflix series on the cold war "Turning Point". It's very well done, the footage around the Hiroshima bombing is not surprisingly very harrowing.

Watched it last year it's a good watch yes. Good/awful

18 hours ago, smithdown said:

Baby Reindeer.

Nah.  Not having it.  Not having him either.

What do you mean?

Edited by LFCNeil90

I watched a behind-the-scenes / making of vlog regarding Baby Reindeer on YouTube, was a tough watch. I thought he came across very well.

For him to be so open about what he experienced, not just at the hands of his stalker, must have been so hard.

3 hours ago, LFCNeil90 said:

What do you mean?

I mean nah, no way.  Ok you can sell it as a drama with one of the threads being slightly real but don’t come it with your ‘based on a true story’ bulls***.  More feckin holes than Blackburn, Lancashire.  

He looks like a snide and this is a scam. 

On 03/04/2024 at 09:50, Gethin said:

Watching The Gentlemen at the moment. Absolute nonsense but enjoyable nonsense 

halfway into Ep1 - it's ok but also seems a bit Guy Ritchie cliched scouser/cockney gangsters, lovable murderous rogues....

i'll see how it goes

well there you have it - it is Guy Ritchie, didn't know that till the end 

On 03/04/2024 at 07:54, guernseygareth said:

We watched the first episode of 3 Body Problem last night. We'll carry on for a few more.

As others have said Wong is always worth watching. The Gonzalez lass is in that realm of being so handsome she better be good at acting. Modelling it is then, my love.

she's very much a YNWA 6/10

6 hours ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

halfway into Ep1 - it's ok but also seems a bit Guy Ritchie cliched scouser/cockney gangsters, lovable murderous rogues....

i'll see how it goes

It’s absolutely stereotypical Richie nonsense, but if you're in the mood for something like that it’s a bit of fun 

• Like 2

I understand the Ritchie hate but must admit I'll give his films a watch. Think he photographs well and enjoy the word play and overly labyrinthine plotting - I don't think it's to be taken too seriously. They're slightly more highbrow fluff than the norm but fluff all the same.

His recent one with Gylenhall (?) sounded like it would get f***ing ghastly jingoism but was decent drama about West and its abandonment of Afghanistan. Though why it was called 'Guy Ritchie's The Debt' was utter b******s. 

Give him the next Bond with a no geezers policy. Might be fun after the far too po-faced Craig years.

• Like 1

Maybe I’m a little biased as I’m from here but I thought Blue Lights was brilliant. I actually don’t usually like shows from here as I hate the accent on telly but I thought 3nd season was even better than the first. 

9 hours ago, Falconhoof said:

Fallout was great fun.

I struggled with ep 1 and couldn't finish it. The tone seemed really off putting. I need to try again

I switched to start Shogun which I'm really enjoying. The fella doing the Tom Hardy impression seems to annoy a few but I think he's ok

8 minutes ago, McBain said:

I struggled with ep 1 and couldn't finish it. The tone seemed really off putting. I need to try again

I switched to start Shogun which I'm really enjoying. The fella doing the Tom Hardy impression seems to annoy a few but I think he's ok

I couldn't get into the 1st episode of Shogun. Must try it again.

24 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

I couldn't get into the 1st episode of Shogun. Must try it again.

You're like the mirror universe me

27 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Yeah it was unnecessarily grim i thought. Maybe I'm getting old.

I was thinking goofy. I must have turned off before the grim 

2 hours ago, Tobes Rafa said:

Maybe I’m a little biased as I’m from here but I thought Blue Lights was brilliant. I actually don’t usually like shows from here as I hate the accent on telly but I thought 3nd season was even better than the first. 

How was the 2th season?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Gethin said:

It’s absolutely stereotypical Richie nonsense, but if you're in the mood for something like that it’s a bit of fun 

We found it enjoyable, predictably stupid and full of plot holes, but good fun nevertheless 

19 hours ago, guernseygareth said:

I understand the Ritchie hate but must admit I'll give his films a watch. Think he photographs well and enjoy the word play and overly labyrinthine plotting - I don't think it's to be taken too seriously. They're slightly more highbrow fluff than the norm but fluff all the same.

His recent one with Gylenhall (?) sounded like it would get f***ing ghastly jingoism but was decent drama about West and its abandonment of Afghanistan. Though why it was called 'Guy Ritchie's The Debt' was utter b******s. 

Give him the next Bond with a no geezers policy. Might be fun after the far too po-faced Craig years.

I've enjoyed some of his movies,  even his version of Alladin was decent enough 

I had only ever played the mobile phone version of the game. I'm sure the one you get on the cartridge for an Atari, or on the Amiga is much better.

Anyway, anything post apocalyptic has to be watched. As mentioned earlier in the thread, Walton Goggins is very watchable. Honourable mention also to Johnny Pemberton who plays Thaddeus. 

The lad who plays Maximus was a bit dreary I thought. Sure, it's an irradiated wasteland and your whole family was wiped out and you grew up being bullied in a pseudo religious cult, but have fun with it.

On 27/04/2024 at 20:10, McBain said:

Just finished Shogun, (hence me being on this thread to find something to watch). Thought it was really good, the Tom Hardy / Ray Purchase guy was good in the end, despite treading a preposterous tightrope at times.

On 27/04/2024 at 19:11, Tobes Rafa said:

Yeah, I thought S1 was great so was a bit nervous as to whether S2 would be up to the same standard, but it was really good again. Decent writing and a number of characters that you care about (which is very rare for a BBC or ITV drama),