By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

TV shows (but not GoT)

crisps

20 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Was a great second series... My lads mate got a part in it.. Which was great for him despite it being brief, but was a few lines with Martin Freeman at least 

Agree on the accent, though it's still very good...

who did your lad play?

3 minutes ago, Cunny said:

who did your lad play?

It was my lads mate... He played the young kid who's mum had smashed a neighbours window in episode 4..

He chats with Chris at the bottom of the stairs and gets taken away with his sister. Only had a couple of lines but fair play, first acting gig and his mum put him forward to it after seeing a casting role advertised on Facebook for a 'larger scouse teenage boy'... They didn't deem him large enough so gave him a different role. 

I thought the responder was decent except that:

A: it doesn’t half make Liverpool look grim. Annoys me how you can’t make national tv shows about the place without everyone being a scally or mental, and 

B: I don’t think anything actually progressed in the entire 2nd series? Everyone is still where they were in ep 1 pretty much.

1 hour ago, Jarg Armani said:

I thought the responder was decent except that:

A: it doesn’t half make Liverpool look grim. Annoys me how you can’t make national tv shows about the place without everyone being a scally or mental, and 

B: I don’t think anything actually progressed in the entire 2nd series? Everyone is still where they were in ep 1 pretty much.

Only seen first episode but was surprised at all the same characters returning.

28 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Only seen first episode but was surprised at all the same characters returning.

I should have probably put it in a spoiler. Things happen but also… nothing changes…

Just now, Jarg Armani said:

I should have probably put it in a spoiler. Things happen but also… nothing changes…

I thought everyone might win the lottery and end up like the final scene of Trading Places but you've ruined that now.

On 12/05/2024 at 06:12, McBain said:

Anyone watched Dark Matter yet? On Apple

Watched a couple of episodes - derivative, full of plot holes 

Counterpart did a variation of this several years ago and lasted two seasons, the final one being an utter mess

Watched the first episode of Rebus on BBC 1 last Saturday.

Was fearing the worst after a very poor ITV series several years ago but was impressed by how dark and mean the Beeb's Rebus is portrayed. More Mafia Don than detective inspector, he's a nasty piece of work. The plot line doesn't follow any of Rankin's novels but includes several of the minor characters.

The first of six episodes was an impressive start to what could be a cracking series.

The Responder ended up being a bit rubbish really. Freeman was annoying me by the end. *Rubs face, looks exasperated*

The 2 youngsters Marco and Casey the stars once again.

The White Lotus

just binged through both series - bit different, quite funny in parts

Series 2 better than Series 1 i thought but both worth a go

6/10

22 hours ago, BigBird said:

Was fearing the worst after a very poor ITV series several years ago but was impressed by how dark and mean the Beeb's Rebus is portrayed. More Mafia Don than detective inspector, he's a nasty piece of work. The plot line doesn't follow any of Rankin's novels but includes several of the minor characters.

The first of six episodes was an impressive start to what could be a cracking series.

I've finished it as all episodes are on iplayer.

it's not an adaptation of any of the novels

bits of the character are like the book but a lot of it is very different

Rankin was ok but he's no Ken Stott who captured the book version of Rebus perfectly

19 hours ago, D.Boon said:

The Responder ended up being a bit rubbish really. Freeman was annoying me by the end. *Rubs face, looks exasperated*

The 2 youngsters Marco and Casey the stars once again.

I think Marco is one of the great TV characters

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BigBird said:

Needs subtitles 😀. We did a fair bit of rewinding in order to understand some of the dialogue. It was a very good first episode.

Goodbye Skandi-noir, hello Scottie-noir.

1 hour ago, Nebraska Red said:

Needs subtitles 😀. We did a fair bit of rewinding in order to understand some of the dialogue. It was a very good first episode.

Agree with the need for subtitles. Apparently the Rebus actor is Glaswegian who took elocution lessons to sound Edinburgian. Don't think it worked.

On 21/05/2024 at 15:17, BigBird said:

Yeah, when I saw who was playing Rebus I thought, nah, he’s not right for the part, and I’m still not convinced by him, but it was mostly really good. Some cliched dialogue but enjoyably brutal in places too.

2 hours ago, Nebraska Red said:

my wife is a Fifer and I'm basically bilingual

there were a few niche Fife slang words in there that people outside of Scotland will struggle to understand

33 minutes ago, BigBird said:

Agree with the need for subtitles. Apparently the Rebus actor is Glaswegian who took elocution lessons to sound Edinburgian. Don't think it worked.

it's a Fife accent he's going for