By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

tonight's movie choice. . .

Stevie H

On 02/05/2021 at 08:02, Bailo said:

Without Remorse. I love a good Tom Clancy book where everyone else is a baddie and Americans are goodies. Anyway, film was pretty good. Michael B Jordan is ace as always.

Watched this, yeah its good and Jordan is great in most things 

Spoiler

But f***ing hell that bit at the start where 4/5 of them are armed walking down a corridor toward a single open door. Baddy shows up in the doorway. Good guys shout 'RPG!' and he gets the shot off before not even one of the 5 get chance to shoot him despite having the time to recognise an RPG let alone time to shout it out is ridiculous. But then I watched the rest of the film and realised I would be here all night calling out the daft moments! 

Tried to watch all the Omen movies. First one is obviously good although dated. Two isn’t very good and three is genuinely dreadful. Sam Neill is startlingly bad. Not sure how it’s possible to make the anti-Christ boring. At the very least he should be a proper naughty sort.

Gave the fourth one ten minutes then turned it off. This pandemic has taken enough of my life already. 

On 29/04/2021 at 06:25, charlie clown said:

A long-overdue re-watch of Sexy Beast.

NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.        NO. NO. NO.    NO. NO.

NO!

Not re-watched that since it came out, but amazing how badly dated some films are when you re-watch them. I watched Lock stock and two smoking barrels and it was terrible. The acting from the main characters is embarrassingly bad. 

3 hours ago, Redwire said:

I think he's on about this scene

https://youtu.be/KmR8fzQjuD8

Haha! After I posted it, I got some vague recollection of the NO NO NO NO coming from the film, so thanks for digging that up.  Still weird how many films I've re-watched that I liked (when I was no longer a kid) but seem terrible now.  Ghost dog, way of the Samuri was another. Just seemed really pretentious and pointless when I watched it recently, but I really liked it when it came out. 

11 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Tango & Cash 

Fun 80s nonsense

Amazing! The guy who gets his head pushed into the bars in prison also played the titular role in another 80’s masterpiece, Maniac Cop. 

17 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Amazing! The guy who gets his head pushed into the bars in prison also played the titular role in another 80’s masterpiece, Maniac Cop. 

The bad guy with the English accent was amazing as well 

Forgot that a young Terri 'They're real and they're magnificent' Hatcher was in it as well, she was lovely 

On 04/05/2021 at 07:45, cymrococh said:

I don't think Sexy Beast is actually that good a film, it's just that Ben Kingsley is mental in it.

And that bit with the rock.

I agree actually. That scene is great and Kingsley is really good but the actual movie after that point isn’t that good.

14 hours ago, Hassony said:

Paddington 2, fan-bloody-tastic,  even better than the first one 

It’s so good.

If I was to have to choose one film to describe as ‘heart warming’ it would be one of those.

• Like 1

The Dissident - excellent documentary about the murder of Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul.

Won BAFTA for best documentary this year. 

Available on Amazon Prime. 

Spoiler alert: unsurprisingly, Saudi Arabia and their Crown Prince in particular don't come out of it looking too great. Also unsurprisingly neither does Trump.