Stevie H

tonight's movie choice. . .

tonight's choice is from:

appaloosa - starring viggo mortensen and ed harris.

leatherheads - george clooney and renee zellweger.

slumdog millionaire - danny boyle's latest set in india.

gran torino - clint eastwood's latest probable oscar nominee.

the new world - the terence malick one that i somehow missed.

who has seen any of these?

New World is veerrry, verrrry sloooooow but brilliant.

Leatherheads is alright.

I have not seen any of t'others.

Only seen The New World. Beautifully filmed, some of the best cinematography Ive ever seen and the art direction is magnificent. Story was a bit over-familar though with it being the Pocahontas thing. the slowness thing really didn;t seem an issue to me though - I was just gawping in wonder at hw great the whole thing looked. I'd make sure I watched it on a proper big telly though. Ours is only a moderate size and probably didn't do it justice.

Only seen The New World. Beautifully filmed, some of the best cinematography Ive ever seen and the art direction is magnificent. Story was a bit over-familar though with it being the Pocahontas thing. the slowness thing really didn;t seem an issue to me though - I was just gawping in wonder at hw great the whole thing looked. I'd make sure I watched it on a proper big telly though. Ours is only a moderate size and probably didn't do it justice.

big telly isn't an option out here, watch stuff through my 24-inch tv via the laptop. have been meaning to see new world for ages, don't know why i've not got around to it.

just seen the most appalling scooter crash right outside the bar i am in though so dinner and movie may not sit too well in the stomach. jesus that was horrible.

you know that disco/nightclub fire that happened out there stevie? well it came on the radio and i was saying to the wife i know a bloke whose out there at the minute and hopefully he was involved in it and his name on the forum is StevieH, at that moment they then interviewed a brit tourist caught up in it and his name was Stevie Hall...for a split scecond i thought f*** me whats the chances of that, then i remembered thats not your surname....pity.

you know that disco/nightclub fire that happened out there stevie? well it came on the radio and i was saying to the wife i know a bloke whose out there at the minute and hopefully he was involved in it and his name on the forum is StevieH, at that moment they then interviewed a brit tourist caught up in it and his name was Stevie Hall...for a split scecond i thought f*** me whats the chances of that, then i remembered thats not your surname....pity.

Brilliant story.

what was so appalling about the scooter? Garish colours or something?

hah. believe it or not it was a burberry print fake vespa. which is now replete with scratches and a little blood. and no wing mirrors or front lights.

335 dead and 3810 injured in road accidents over the five day new year holiday over here.

big telly isn't an option out here, watch stuff through my 24-inch tv via the laptop. have been meaning to see new world for ages, don't know why i've not got around to it.

just seen the most appalling scooter crash right outside the bar i am in though so dinner and movie may not sit too well in the stomach. jesus that was horrible.

Incredible bit of reportage, Steven. Real gonzo stuff.

i read about him. his skytrain was delayed so he got to the club late. lucky f*cker. i've been to that club before as well and it was really good. bloody awful what happened there though. apparently the fire exits were welded shut to stop people nicking off without paying their bar bills. horrific.

Incredible bit of reportage, Steven. Real gonzo stuff.

it's almost like you were here isn't it?

right now i can't leave the bar though as there's a copper sat on my scooter making a report.

hah. believe it or not it was a burberry print fake vespa. which is now replete with scratches and a little blood. and no wing mirrors or front lights.

335 dead and 3810 injured in road accidents over the five day new year holiday over here.

You mean you can get a burberry print REAL vespa. I can't place my order fast enough.

You mean you can get a burberry print REAL vespa. I can't place my order fast enough.

only the very wealthy thais can afford real vespas. and they all have SUVs so don't bother. sounds lovely though doesn't it?

F*ck my old boots, that's more than were killed on 9/11. Do they not think something should be done?

Edited by Murphman

F*ck my old boots, that's more than were killed on 9/11. Do they not think something should be done?

I don't think bombing afghanistan and Iraq will help

Slumdog Millionaire is getting a lot of good press, and the trailers look excellent

No Burberry Vespas though, which Danny Boyle may regret come Oscar time

the advert for it says only one thing to me = AVOID THIS FILM.

its just trying too hard to be American Pie, without any originality or homour

Wrong again, pisspot.

it's not murph. optician to thread.

Killed = dead. Injured = not dead.

HTH :thumbs:

Slumdog Millionaire is getting a lot of good press, and the trailers look excellent

No Burberry Vespas though, which Danny Boyle may regret come Oscar time

trailer looks really good doesn't it? think that may win the vote tonight. though i am starting to tire a little of hoppipolla being used to give any movie or tv show emotional gravitas while still being down to earth etc.

will let you know.