By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coutinho

Cobs

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be €150m as well isn't it? Almost all the reports in the last few days mentioned £133m as an amount the club would find acceptable, which just so happens to convert to €150m.

You think that might just be driven from the opposite way round? They report £133mil as their target audience might struggle to get their heads around EUR150mil - they're dumbing it down.

Mad how VVD and Lemar's fees jumped by £20/25m in 6 months despite both playing poorly while Coutinho who is in the form of his life's fee is still the same. If we are to sell we should be looking for Neymar money. He's in that class now and he will only get better. I think if we let him go for £130m it'll look really cheap in a couple of years. He's about to become one of the very best players in the world and we're talking about paying £90m for a 20-year-old to replace him.

How much did Dembele go for?

This is what was reported at the time -

Barca will pay an initial fee of €105 million, and Dortmund confirmed that add-ons could see the fee rise by 40 percent -- taking the deal to a potential €147m.

Mad how VVD and Lemar's fees jumped by £20/25m in 6 months despite both playing poorly while Coutinho who is in the form of his life's fee is still the same. If we are to sell we should be looking for Neymar money. He's in that class now and he will only get better. I think if we let him go for £130m it'll look really cheap in a couple of years. He's about to become one of the very best players in the world and we're talking about paying £90m for a 20-year-old to replace him.

It's almost as if it was all agreed in the summer :unsure:

I doubt players care about the 'emptiness' of medals. They get to the end of their career and count em up - there are no footnotes in the record books.

He wants to go now - let him go. I suspect we promised him something along those lines in August, but we'll never know.

I wasn't being serious, like the old saying, a medal in the hand is worth 2 in the bush

Keep seeing this but what advantage would it give us to get just half the season more out of him? Can understand if it was all agreed for the summer but to move now is strange.

The most plausible explanation is the Barca media are playing this up, Phil & Joorabchian are playing along as well, on instructions from Barca's hierarchy to drive down the price because they can't afford our asking price. Possibly another transfer ban coming might explain the haste, especially as I'm sure Fifa would let them know on the qt ahead of time.

This is what was reported at the time -

Barca will pay an initial fee of €105 million, and Dortmund confirmed that add-ons could see the fee rise by 40 percent -- taking the deal to a potential €147m.

Which is odd if true as if Lemar is the replacement it leaves us short in the Champs league.

Keep seeing this but what advantage would it give us to get just half the season more out of him? Can understand if it was all agreed for the summer but to move now is strange.

The most plausible explanation is the Barca media are playing this up, Phil & Joorabchian are playing along as well, on instructions from Barca's hierarchy to drive down the price because they can't afford our asking price. Possibly another transfer ban coming might explain the haste, especially as I'm sure Fifa would let them know on the qt ahead of time.

I don't think it was agreed in the summer either but it is a bit odd that most of the info seems to be coming from our side this week.

Selling your best player half way through a season when there’s loads to play for is so f***ing stupid.

I don't think it was agreed in the summer either but it is a bit odd that most of the info seems to be coming from our side this week.

Yes and yes.

What advantage ? Progress from the CL group stages, help retain a top four place in the league, allow time for Salah to settle in, Lallana’s recovery from injury. Several reasons for both FSG and Klopp to delay the transfer. Edited by Earl Hafler

Melissa Reddy -

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/coutinho-closes-in-on-sealing-record-barcelona-transfer-from/l81wv45i1nqn1hbjvbhisi677

Barcelona are finalising an offer in excess of €150 million to secure Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool, which would make him the third-most expensive footballer in the world and their record signing.

There was a possibility of doing an advanced deal now ahead of 2018-19, but Barca and the 25-year-old are insistent on an immediate transfer.

So f-ing what? They can wait. 

Can't believe the club is spinning this now as being out of our hands.

There has been a lot of talk about alternatives once he goes, with Sanchez' name cropping up. Watching the game last night, surely Ozil would me more of a direct replacement for Coutinho. He has off days but when he's on it, he's bloody on it. I would have more off days than on, playing for Arsene.