By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coronavirus

Tosh

Heard several people talking tough and being hard saying “not letting something like this stop us”, like they’ve got themselves so wound up with standing up against the terrorists that they can’t see that the virus isn’t against them going out and having a good time, it doesn’t really care.  It actually probably likes it.

Carry On

Stay at F*cking Home

doesnt really work this time

9 minutes ago, smithdown said:

Heard several people talking tough and being hard saying “not letting something like this stop us”, like they’ve got themselves so wound up with standing up against the terrorists that they can’t see that the virus isn’t against them going out and having a good time, it doesn’t really care.  It actually probably likes it.

Carry On

Stay at F*cking Home

doesnt really work this time

I've heard it has no effect on Tory voting bearded white fellas in their 40's and 50's

28 minutes ago, Molby said:

Guys we can’t go on like this

we can’t have a Corona virus thread that goes on like this for months

im not saying anyone is doing wrong or suggesting we do anything in particular - more of an observation of where we are and where we’re gonna be... a kind of microcosm or whatever the term is

And we’re gonna end up clinically insane at this rate 

yer right. It's not moving fast, there's not much to say about it really apart from updated stats and horror stories. Very little good is being spoken about right now - for every act of kindness there are 100 of people mass-buying bog roll (still don't understand this) and c**** like Vance posting images of brown-skinned people and making some racist reference

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

My daughter turns one tomorrow too. Haven't held her since Friday. Rubbish all this innit.

Off to see my 1-wk-old great nephew now. Really don't want to because I could well have it without symptoms yet but been getting loads of stick from family for leaving it this long. 

1 minute ago, Cam said:

Off to see my 1-wk-old great nephew now. Really don't want to because I could well have it without symptoms yet but been getting loads of stick from family for leaving it this long. 

This whole thing is insane. I keep daydreaming about it suddenly dying or dissipating or whatever. 

Pubs, including hotel bars, asked to close for two weeks in ireland, from tonight.

Saw loads of bars in dublin putting up on their social media channels they were taking the decision to close, getting a fair bit of goodwill. Wonder if they just got wind that this government directive was coming and wanted to make it look like they made the decision, put health over their own profits.

1 minute ago, Swipe said:

Pubs, including hotel bars, asked to close for two weeks in ireland, from tonight.

Saw loads of bars in dublin putting up on their social media channels they were taking the decision to close, getting a fair bit of goodwill. Wonder if they just got wind that this government directive was coming and wanted to make it look like they made the decision, put health over their own profits.

Guinness will love that.

14 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

same - I'm so f***ing bored of it and bored in general

11 minutes ago, LicK said:

Italy reporting 368 deaths in one day.

I’m sure there are 368 people who’d rather be bored...

but I get your point - it’s like a phoney war, and will be so until it’s not. It’s like waiting for a train crash

14 minutes ago, Swipe said:

This whole thing is insane. I keep daydreaming about it suddenly dying or dissipating or whatever. 

It's definitely on the wane in China and South Korea.

In fact, whatever South Korea has done should be the template. 8000+ cases there and only 75 deaths. That's a lower than 1% mortality rate.

Presumably they've done loads more testing than anyone else but, y'know.

I'm hoping that in 6 weeks or so we'll all be agreed that the over reaction was a bit mental.

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

Italy deaths increased by 25% today. 1441 in total.

5.8% mortality rate.

Is the high mortality rate down to the ageing population in Lombardy? I would find it interesting (maybe reassuring) if we had daily death rates from the flu, alongside this one. Would that contextualise this? Or create misinformed complacency (based on experts saying this is not like the flu). 

My brother has just been told to self-isolate by HSE - I think for two weeks. Was in contact with a pal from Dublin (n it Temple Bar, the s***hole) week ago who has since tested positive. Highish fever, mild cough, otherwise ok he says.

Balding too, though this may be unrelated.

2 minutes ago, chiefy said:

Is the high mortality rate down to the ageing population in Lombardy? I would find it interesting (maybe reassuring) if we had daily death rates from the flu, alongside this one. Would that contextualise this? Or create misinformed complacency (based on experts saying this is not like the flu). 

Maybe because the elderly tend to live at home with their (multiple) generations? Might explain some belief that kids spread but aren't effected.

6 minutes ago, Case said:

My brother has just been told to self-isolate by HSE - I think for two weeks. Was in contact with a pal from Dublin (n it Temple Bar, the s***hole) week ago who has since tested positive. Highish fever, mild cough, otherwise ok he says.

Balding too, though this may be unrelated.

Maybe because the elderly tend to live at home with their (multiple) generations? Might explain some belief that kids spread but aren't effected.

Yeah, makes sense. Wonder what the real numbers are here. My daughter has had the symptoms since weds night. Off school until next Thursday. No testing means we have no idea whether she has it or something else. 

13 minutes ago, redjersey said:

It's definitely on the wane in China and South Korea.

In fact, whatever South Korea has done should be the template. 8000+ cases there and only 75 deaths. That's a lower than 1% mortality rate.

Presumably they've done loads more testing than anyone else but, y'know.

Here's an article on what South Korea has done. https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-environment/article/3075164/south-koreas-coronavirus-response-opposite-china-and

Stupid question alert - How does, or can, one get tested in Ireland? Is HSE free?

My concern now is my Da who is 80 and has developed a cold. He's been in daily contact with my brother (who lives at home in Carlow, but works in Dublin) over the past week. My bro is self isolating in Dublin, not Carlow.

Appreciate any input on how HSE deal with people who have been told to self isolate by them, contact tracing etc..

Also - my brothers pal had a positive test, but how might he have had the test given in the first place?

Can't contact my bro atm - he's just been ripped to shreds by his boss, so he's probably back on the phone to him.