By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coronavirus

Tosh

6 minutes ago, jimbolala said:

Things they should do if we're needed to go into lockdown. Suspend all mortgage, rent payments,  we bailed the banks out, it's their time to do the same.  No one should be laid off from work,  any employers found doing so should be fined. This should not go against anyone's existing sick record,  it's a different thing altogether. Any f***er found hoarding stuff to sell at a profit gets one in the head.

Hopefully we can all laugh at this in a few months,  but it really does put the spotlight onto existing set ups

Damn right. Branson et al are trying to use this crisis to get what’s best for them, why shouldn’t working people demand what is right and proper? 

Sons school is planning on y11s sitting exams in the autumn with a “rollover” to 6th form. But his school has 100% staying on, either there or somewhere else, but they are waiting for decisions from exam boards

3 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Y11 and Y13 seem like they will be kept in school if at all possible from the email we got on Friday. Y7 too with the rest sent home.

Who emailed you that?

Our Head has floated that idea with the caveat that teachers with kids of their own will have to be at home looking after them.

Edited by Dan

39 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

What's the latest on this as missus is a freelance camera operator in MCR? She's booked in for work for the next month or so but knows it will all be cancelled at some point but not sure when.

Good producers are doing their best not to terminate- they are looking at a hiatus as a possible option. 
I think filming is going to come to a stop within days to be honest.

certainly in scripted. Producers don’t want to be contracting actors on first call for hundreds of thousands pounds

and locations and studios are going to be out of bounds

sorry for your friend -it must be very stressful 

edit - sorry Pip your partner, not friend

Edited by Conrad

7 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Youngest daughters school, she is Y11.

Right. Most subjects should be done or nearly done with content now. If she's conscientious enough to revise at home she should be fine mate.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Right. Most subjects should be done or nearly done with content now. If she's conscientious enough to revise at home she should be fine mate.

Hopefully, she has been surprisingly knuckling down without any encouragement for some time now. Not quite sure how its happened tbh!

34 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Y11 and Y13 seem like they will be kept in school if at all possible from the email we got on Friday. Y7 too with the rest sent home.

That's a weird mix of strategies that overall makes zero sense.

31 minutes ago, Dan said:

Who emailed you that?

Our Head has floated that idea with the caveat that teachers with kids of their own will have to be at home looking after them.

Haha we childless will do it all

Headline is a little disingenuous, seems to suggest it dies down over summer then comes back autumn winter at a lower level due to immunity.

But the strategy was all about stopping the second spike wasn't it?!

Communication around this has been appalling.

Just now, Bogman said:

f***ing hell guys, watch a film or something. 

You're gonna make yourselves Ill.

Hollywood just had a shocking weekend of ticket sales. The worst since 1995 when the #1 film that weekend was...Outbreak.

Definitely recommend those who can take up running do so. 

5k run down burbo bank this afternoon helped massively and it also has the benefit of increasing lung capacity and general health for if you do get ill. 

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

Can see them saying life carries on, if you get it you get it. They are not going into lockdown for months let alone a year.

I know schools were hoping to get to next Friday before shutting down. That way they lose just the fortnight then straight in to the Easter fortnight.

Now they'll be lucky to get back in before May. And potentially the June half-term. 

Any chance the schools could do what the football is hoping to do and run over the summer? 

1 minute ago, Cam said:

I know schools were hoping to get to next Friday before shutting down. That way they lose just the fortnight then straight in to the Easter fortnight.

Now they'll be lucky to get back in before May. And potentially the June half-term. 

Any chance the schools could do what the football is hoping to do and run over the summer? 

Depends on whether when the schools shut teachers will still be expected to work from home.

1 minute ago, Bailo said:

Depends on whether when the schools shut teachers will still be expected to work from home.

Good point. And you'd know better, of course. I hadn't thought of it from a contractual point of view. 

Basically it comes down to keeping bored kids off the streets for the next few weeks/months via some limited e-learning versus completing their year's learning over the summer. I guess? 

3 hours ago, Case said:

Stupid question alert - How does, or can, one get tested in Ireland? Is HSE free?

My concern now is my Da who is 80 and has developed a cold. He's been in daily contact with my brother (who lives at home in Carlow, but works in Dublin) over the past week. My bro is self isolating in Dublin, not Carlow.

Appreciate any input on how HSE deal with people who have been told to self isolate by them, contact tracing etc..

Also - my brothers pal had a positive test, but how might he have had the test given in the first place?

Can't contact my bro atm - he's just been ripped to shreds by his boss, so he's probably back on the phone to him.

Sorry to hear about your Dad and brother, hope they’re both ok.

There’s a HSE phone number to call if you have symptoms, 1850 24 1850. My understanding is that they’ll send someone out to test them. This is evolving quickly though, extended testing process expected to be announced soon. Don’t think there is any cost involved.

3 hours ago, Cunny said:

where is that? UK or Ireland?

Schools already closed in the Republic of Ireland. Closure announced last Thursday. 

1 hour ago, Sion said:

Definitely recommend those who can take up running do so. 

Couch to 5k round your couch?

I'm in sth London and just went outside. It's quiet, like Christmas Day quiet in terms of that background hiss of traffic that is always about. There's no wind and then I noticed... no planes flying over either. Quite eerie