By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Michael Owen

Hassony

On the flip side he also got paid £10k ( well his dad did) when he was at the academy to get him to sign for Liverpool as Utd and other clubs were sniffing, as the all do.

He was also with England a fair bit too

Can’t blame the guy, end of the day he made his decisions and it didn’t work out so good. He wanted to come back before going to Newcastle, they were willing to pay more but he had no other choice as Liverpool wouldn’t meet Madrid’s demands, not the players.

Then he went to utd and undid for a lot of fans the good he did.

He’s still a prick though

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wonder at some of the advice he was getting. He wanted to set up brand Owen to match Beckham but Beckham always seemed to make good decisions unlike Owen. He was battered by injuries of course unlike Beckham.

Beckham had a certain charisma, Owen had no thing of the sorts.

Beckham had a certain charisma, Owen had no thing of the sorts.

Owen was a world class player when he was with us, Beckham had nothing of the sort, he just married the Kim kardishian of the time managed to build a successful brand

Not sure Owen was ever after that tbh

If he didn't sign for UTD, there would be far more love and respect for him. He was a truly great player for us for a while. The UTD signing seems to have taken those memories away for many.

Is he still a club ambassador BTW?

if he didnt let his contract run down to join real madrid for pennies

if he didnt join newcastle for more money instead of rejoining us

if he didnt join united

if he wasnt such a boring dullard with never a good word for us as a commentator

You wonder at some of the advice he was getting. He wanted to set up brand Owen to match Beckham but Beckham always seemed to make good decisions unlike Owen. He was battered by injuries of course unlike Beckham.

Beckham is much better looking and enjoyed all the schmoozing. Owen just wanted to play golf and bet.

Madrid told him that he either had to go to Newcastle or he’d stay on the bench.

Melissa Reddy on the Twitter:

Newcastle offered £6 million more than #LFC for him despite unequivocally knowing Owen wanted to go to back to Anfield. They also accepted the clause in his contract stating he could rejoin the Reds for a set amount.

Edited by Candystore

That's less than 1 in 2?

I'm not being revisionist. He was really good but he wasn't head and shoulders above his team mates doing things no one else could. He'd occasionally go two months without scoring as an example. 

He was good but he wasn't carrying Liverpool at any stage.

Occasionally ? I found one such period during his final season and he missed a month off that due to injury

I thought he carried us at times but Gerrard surpassed him as a player both in ability and influence.

Can’t stand the little c*** now - I haven’t seen the BT interview but apparently he claims he spoke to Rodgers at a time when the latter wasn’t our manager ?

if he didnt join united

if he wasnt such a boring dullard with never a good word for us as a commentator

Aye. I hated him before he joined those c****. That didn't even surprise me with him

Big Nevs a star ain't he?

He's great