By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

I'm not saying they're going to fall apart. They're going to get 90+ points again, they'll win 30+ games again while steamrolling most teams probably I dont think they will. We're talking about the two greatest sides English football has ever seen, the margins are probably going to be miniscule again and it could only need them to drop points in one game more than they would have with Laporte to make a difference. Ask yourself though, how would we all be reacting tonight if we were down to two fit CBs and those fit CBs were a short psychotic Argentinian with a penchant for two-foot tackles and a laconic fop with a masochistic fetish for being caught in possession when he's last man That's their problem at the minute, not ours so f*** 'em!. All this talk above of one of our front three getting injured are potential problems that may never happen. They have a real life, actually happening problem. It's not going to destroy their season or cost them points in 10 games but we don't need it to but lets hope it costs them, big time eh?

John Stones and Nicolas Otamendi are now their only fit centre backs. We don't have any problems that come close to that.

Guardiola on Laporte's injury post game: "I have no idea how van Dijk won the player of the year award over Messi or Foden, Liverpool have been lucky to keep clean sheets by bad decisions last season. Also Adrian's foot was off the line in the shootout vs. Chelsea."

https://twitter.com/RoyalANfield/status/1167810020152463362?s=19

Shinji Okazaki now a free agency after Malaga couldn't pay his wages. I always thought he looked a decent hardworking player. Worth bringing in, if only on the back of merchandising opportunities we'd have in Japan.

We're not signing someone old and s*** just to flog a few shirts in Japan.

This is a good read on the on/off Neymar to Barca saga from the summer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49570224

Posting it here as the TL;DR of it is - both Barca and Real are overstocked with high earning players that they can't shift and the clubs - Barca especially - are loaded with debt.

Puts a good perspective on why I don't think they'll be in for Mane or Salah next summer even if they wanted to be. I've no doubt they'll be making noises about it - but they won't have the cash to be able to pull it off unless they can shift lots of their high earning players - very few of which (Dembele aside?) we'd be prepared to take in a part-ex deal.

Something similar in here about why so few big deals happened despite loads more big names being available than usual: https://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog-marcottis-musings/story/3935101/summer-of-unwanted-stars-why-the-likes-of-baleneymar-and-dybala-were-not-sold

Good article that.

Very telling that the list of (mostly) surplus to requirements / getable for the right price players at the start of the article included none of ours.

Good article that.

Very telling that the list of (mostly) surplus to requirements / getable for the right price players at the start of the article included none of ours.

There's quite the trend of Klopp players not doing all that well after leaving too, there are exceptions of course, but Coutinho, Can, Kagawa, and Sahin certainly didn't go places after leaving. I do hope our lot appreciate that they're part of a team that's bigger than the sum of it's parts, and they may not reach the same level elsewhere.