By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

Fekir's agent claims the player's talking b*llocks

“He has to stop this show and stop taking people for fools,” Bernès told L’Equipe. “Everyone knows what happened."

“The transfer to Liverpool has turned around for two reasons. The first is his knee, even though the English club’s leaders were willing to make an effort on this.

“The second is the appearance of a foreign pseudo-representative who asked for the negotiations to be resumed from the beginning at the moment of signing.

“Between this episode and the medical visit, Liverpool’s leaders decided to abandon the case.”

He looked a good player when I saw him play for Lyon, his move to Betis seems a strange one to me. Something clearly put us off in a big way not to go back at this summers price though when we were previously ready to spend £60m on him, it was all very strange.

Fekir's agent claims the player's talking b*llocks

I’d missed what prompted the agent to issue that rebuttal. Here are the quotes from Fekir:

‘Lots of lies were told and they affected me,’ Fekir told L’Equipe. ‘Especially those told about my family. It hurt them and me. Especially when you know that’s what being told is false. ‘What was said is not the truth. My knee is good, I had a quick medical check at Clairefontaine, my knee wasn’t even mentioned. If my knee had been in such a bad state, would [Jean-Michel] Aulas have made [an offer to keep me]? ‘But the worst thing is the idea that people could suggest that it’s because of my family that the transfer didn’t happen. It’s a lie. But you have to live with it.

‘You want the truth? Even I don’t know, I promise you! I did my medical and then [Liverpool] decided not to sign me. At some point they wanted to have me believe it was because of my knee but an excuse needed to be found. ‘The medical tests that I did at Clairefontaine were very clear, my knee is perfectly fine and I feel fine. There are no issues at all with my knee. ‘But I have no bitterness towards Liverpool. I met them and we got on brilliantly. They showed that they really wanted me. But when you surround yourself with the wrong people, it comes off badly on you.’

Asked if he was referring to his former agent Jean-Pierre Bernes who his split with earlier this year, Fekir replied: ‘Maybe. But like I said, it’s fate. But it’s not normal to be kept informed of negotiations. ‘My family is discreet and it’s not nice to try to split a family. It was a dark moment in my career. ‘If you don’t have anything good to say about someone, it’s best to stay quiet. Otherwise I’ll say things I’ll regret. ‘That’s not how I was brought up. He [bernes] knows where he stands. We have no contact today and I don’t want any.’

I heard someone somewhere (might have been The Anfield Wrap) say a while ago the stuff about the second rep emerging at the last minute making mad demands. That might have been where the talk of his brother signing for us came from.

His brother signed for Betis didn't he?