By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

4 hours ago, Alonso said:

Karius
Phillips
Davies
Ojo
Woodburn
Shaq
Minamino
Origi

All my those need moving on to free up wages, space in the squad and give us a war chest to buy mbappe. 

That's got to be good for £60-65m ish.

On 26/07/2021 at 11:34, McBain said:

That's probably why they rejected it like

I'd love it if Liverpool offered me £100 mil for Chiesa. I'd take it and then have this board updating automatically on my TV so I could watch all your tears

11 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

I'd love it if Liverpool offered me £100 mil for Chiesa. I'd take it and then have this board updating automatically on my TV so I could watch all your tears

Breaking news. LFC make a £45m offer to Barca for Paul Pogba

Barca's president is quoted saying 'what the f*** is happening?'

16 minutes ago, McBain said:

I imagine the Barca president is saying that regularly at the minute in fairness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philmatthews said:

That's got to be good for £60-65m ish.

Not sure, think that might be a little over optimistic…50m I reckon (very simplistically)

Karius 1
Phillips 15
Davies 5
Ojo 2
Woodburn 2
Shaq 10
Minamino 5
Origi 10

Edited by Alonso

2 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

Right, but we'd still have a 25 man squad so you haven't really freed up anything. To actually free up said foreign space you'd need to sell Nat Phillips or Ben Davies. 

Well yeah and I wouldn't stop there either but it's easier to sign an experienced or cheap back-up English keeper than it is to replace Ox with an English midfielder decent enough to start 12-15 games ( all comps )

If you have an English player as 3rd keeper then Ox or Keita are easier to replace 

1 hour ago, McBain said:

They'll probably try and add coutinho as part of the deal 

2 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

Well yeah and I wouldn't stop there either but it's easier to sign an experienced or cheap back-up English keeper than it is to replace Ox with an English midfielder decent enough to start 12-15 games ( all comps )

If you have an English player as 3rd keeper then Ox or Keita are easier to replace 

Yeah, I get all that, but I'm not talking about replacing players. I'm talking about the mechanics behind players leaving and the financial implications of having more players than you can register ergo it being a financially negative decision to buy before you sell. 

So to bring your different point in to it to explain mine; if we use Chamberlain as an example and we decided that we wanted to replace Chamberlain then we'd need to sell him first, regardless of if our back up goalkeeper was called Adrián or Adrian, because we'd devalue him by signing the player first because we already have 25 players and that's how many we're allowed. 

1 hour ago, Alonso said:

Not sure, think that might be a little over optimistic…50m I reckon (very simplistically)

Karius 1
Phillips 15
Davies 5
Ojo 2
Woodburn 2
Shaq 10
Minamino 5
Origi 10

Karius 1 what?

1 Shekel, 1 Turkish Lira, 1 punch in the face?

1 hour ago, Hightown Phil said:

Yeah, I get all that, but I'm not talking about replacing players. I'm talking about the mechanics behind players leaving and the financial implications of having more players than you can register ergo it being a financially negative decision to buy before you sell. 

So to bring your different point in to it to explain mine; if we use Chamberlain as an example and we decided that we wanted to replace Chamberlain then we'd need to sell him first, regardless of if our back up goalkeeper was called Adrián or Adrian, because we'd devalue him by signing the player first because we already have 25 players and that's how many we're allowed. 

You could sell him first but if your third choice keeper is foreign, it makes the process more difficult. 

When is the squad registration deadline for the CL or PL ?

This lad doesn’t seem an ITK blert but does seem to get snippets (think he might be the lad who’s supposed to be Ayre’s nephew but can’t remember). 

Quite enjoy shouts like this:

Loads of the nerds replying are speculating over some huge name but surely he means a WTF signing. 

Edited by Swipe

56 minutes ago, Swipe said:

This lad doesn’t seem an ITK blert but does seem to get snippets (think he might be the lad who’s supposed to be Ayre’s nephew but can’t remember). 

Quite enjoy shouts like this:

Loads of the nerds replying are speculating over some huge name but surely he means a WTF signing. 

Graeme Kelly is one of the good ones. However, like you, I'm not sure what to make of his tweet. Could be a signing that will piss some folks off lol. 

Edited by darucs112

Heads fall off further than if Bowen signs is my worry. 

I am wondering if we are going to bring Ings back... Hopefully not, though I love the guy, I just want us to bring in someone s*** hot and younger 

Edited by Barnesy_10

I think he is implying that it's a name that will piss fans off as they wouldn't be happy about it. Who knows? Let's wait and see. I trust Klopp will sign the right players that will push us on further.

Edited by darucs112

9 minutes ago, darucs112 said:

Graeme Kelly is one of the good ones. However, like you, I'm not sure what to make of his tweet. Could be a signing that will piss some folks off lol. 

Yeah he stopped posting stuff cos he said he was sick of the s*** I think? He just replies with stuff the off time. His original tweet did say we’d defo be getting two players in, so hopefully he’s right. 

8 minutes ago, Big Red Machine said:

Trying to think what out most WTF unexpected transfer was.

Anelka?

Konchesky. One of the few signings when you just know he’s s*** and won’t surprise you at all. 

• Like 1