By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

1 minute ago, Swipe said:

Does have an 'end of the cycle' feeling to it. The intensity of the last three seasons has been insane. And age-wise at least it feels like we need to be looking at someone younger to come in at some point soon.

Maybe, but seeing the likes of Ronaldo, Messi and Even Vardy Still performing at 33/34 shows that we can still get another 4/5 seasons out of these two 

Replacing them won't be easy, Mbappe isn't realistic and Sancho, as exciting as he is, is still more potential than world class 

9 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Maybe, but seeing the likes of Ronaldo, Messi and Even Vardy Still performing at 33/34 shows that we can still get another 4/5 seasons out of these two 

Replacing them won't be easy, Mbappe isn't realistic and Sancho, as exciting as he is, is still more potential than world class 

Don't disagree, but I'd also throw in FGS's strategy. It's sell to buy, so you'd have to think at least one of Salah or Mane will be sold while we can still get £100m plus, so we can then get a proper replacement. 

Will defo be a risk but not sure how to get around that. Gonna be a sad day when that front three is broken up. Just about remember that 88 side but was very young. Salah, Mane and Bobby is as good as I've seen at Liverpool by miles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, growler said:

Let’s assume it’s in the realm of reality that we are seriously is for mbappe. 

he plays through the middle. So would replace firmino, or see formation to 4-2-3-1. To fund it we would need to sacrifice mane of salah - likely 1 going anyway next summer. Assuming that funds mbappe - who plays wide for which ever of salah/mane has been sold?

Harvey Elliott

Neville has been funny recently. Was waxing lyrical about Salah last night but managed to also turn it into him being not as liked as his teammates because he's got a Ronaldo-like mentality that means he wants to be the best in the world. 

He's also spoken about how tough it'll be for United to get near us or City while Klopp and Guardiola are here, but they will because both will 'definitely go in the next few years'.

Good pundit but loves a definitive take when it comes to us and United.

12 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Don't disagree, but I'd also throw in FGS's strategy. It's sell to buy, so you'd have to think at least one of Salah or Mane will be sold while we can still get £100m plus, so we can then get a proper replacement. 

Will defo be a risk but not sure how to get around that. Gonna be a sad day when that front three is broken up. Just about remember that 88 side but was very young. Salah, Mane and Bobby is as good as I've seen at Liverpool by miles.

It's annoying that so many of our top players are close to 30

tenor (1).gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

when Salah is playing like he did on Saturday you wouldnt swap him for anyone in the world. he looked sharper and fitter than he has for 2 years.

I didn't watch all the friendlies but he looked quiet in the games I did see. Then he plays like that. Must be the hair. Imagine being a Leeds defender and experiencing that in your first game back.

29 minutes ago, Cobs said:

he talks loads of bolllocks, especially about us - and his pro-manc commentary in matches is ridiculous

his hair was a f***ing state too

Yeah he’s appalling in commentary. Carra too tbf. And every nice thing he says about is in the studio is caveated with what he actually is just desperate to happen, like the manager or players leaving. 

Saying Mane is liked and Salah probably not as well liked by teammates because he doesn’t pass sometimes is some leap.

2 hours ago, D.Boon said:

I don't know a great deal about Mbappe but from what I've seen swapping him for Salah or Mane is a drop in quality in the short term.

It's not. He is absolutely tremendous. If I could have any player in the world currently (particularly factoring his age) it would be him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D.Boon said:

I don't know a great deal about Mbappe but from what I've seen swapping him for Salah or Mane is a drop in quality in the short term.

I'm genuinely kind of made up that we are already starting the process of rationalising why it is good news that we won't be signing a player who we have absolutely zero chance of getting anyway but who would be one of the very few who would instantly improve us.

13 minutes ago, kop205 said:

I'm genuinely kind of made up that we are already starting the process of rationalising why it is good news that we won't be signing a player who we have absolutely zero chance of getting anyway but who would be one of the very few who would instantly improve us.

I was trying to reign in my inner Sion and go full on he's s***.

6 hours ago, Swipe said:

Neville has been funny recently. Was waxing lyrical about Salah last night but managed to also turn it into him being not as liked as his teammates because he's got a Ronaldo-like mentality that means he wants to be the best in the world. 

He's also spoken about how tough it'll be for United to get near us or City while Klopp and Guardiola are here, but they will because both will 'definitely go in the next few years'.

Good pundit but loves a definitive take when it comes to us and United.

He’s fine when he talks about other teams but he’s incapable of controlling his bias when it comes to us and United. It renders most stuff he says about both clubs pointless.

36 minutes ago, Candystore said:

Looks like Bale is going to Spurs on loan.

It's like both sides of this have given up on being a serious player or team. A real lack of ambition all round. Bale doesn't want to go anywhere that might challenge him. Spurs don't want to build a proper squad... 

42 minutes ago, Chewie said:

It's like both sides of this have given up on being a serious player or team. A real lack of ambition all round. Bale doesn't want to go anywhere that might challenge him. Spurs don't want to build a proper squad... 

Agree but at the same time even a Royal Birkdale Gareth Bale undoubtedly improves them.

There's only 2.5 weeks of the window left and it feels like there haven't been any rumours for weeks, let alone actual deals getting close. Are we just to assume nothing is going to happen then? Because if they are then surely it will have to start moving soon. 

Just now, Sion said:

There's only 2.5 weeks of the window left and it feels like there haven't been any rumours for weeks, let alone actual deals getting close. Are we just to assume nothing is going to happen then? Because if they are then surely it will have to start moving soon. 

Can't see anything happening now. 

Don't care what argument people give for not signing anyone in current climate its a piss poor transfer window if we don't bring anyone in to address our weaknesses 

• Like 1