By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Mohamed Salah

RP

14 hours ago, Cobs said:

Looking at the top 10 asa list brings into sharper focus what a remarkable stat that is from Mo

Massive achievement 👏

Fair f***s to Lorimer. Feels like it was harder to play loads of European games back then

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gethin said:

In terms of CL goals, Mo is 14th on 44 goals (includes 3 for Basel and Roma), Kane doesn't even make the top 50 - which would need 24 goals. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UEFA_Champions_League_top_scorers

Mo now needs 33 to equal Billy Liddell for 4th all time LFC scorer - hopefully we have at least another 1.5 seasons of him and he gets there.

Outside chance of the 46 he needs to tie Gordon Hodgson for 3rd although that looks like a tough ask, you never know with Mo though

He’d have another 5-10 as well if he wasn’t rested in europe as much. He’s amazing. 

3 hours ago, Tommok said:

He looked absolutely c**k-a-hoop last night when he scored didn't he? 😊 Great to see. 

Looks like he's loving life and so he should as he's great. 

Reckon he loves playing in this side, especially with Nunez. 

yeah thought that. So much for all the bulls*** merchant journos saying he was desparate to move to Saudi in the summer. 

I'd keep him beyond the end of this season, the form he's in. Till the end of his contract? He's good enough and quite irreplaceable, but there is a point when a lot of money becomes worth it but defo not this season & I, personally, would take a lot of convincing this summer too

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

yeah thought that. So much for all the bulls*** merchant journos saying he was desparate to move to Saudi in the summer. 

I'd keep him beyond the end of this season, the form he's in. Till the end of his contract? He's good enough and quite irreplaceable, but there is a point when a lot of money becomes worth it but defo not this season & I, personally, would take a lot of convincing this summer too

those sub 700 crowds in Saudi will have to wait another year at least for me, Brian.

• Upvote 1

On 27/10/2023 at 20:13, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

worthy of the Dalglish 'clap chant'

This is true 

St John

Dalglish

Fowler

Torres (had it briefly)

not sure Suarez ever did but Mo is worthy of it.

I suppose when you have your ‘own’ song anyway it doesn’t happen

• Like 1

Stuff like that from Savage just can’t be true. They have to be told to stir up s*** like that. 

He didn’t even do it properly. Says “he’s got 20 goals again hasn’t he? He’s brilliant” then replaces him with f***ing Sancho.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

it's been very noticeable this season, even to a casual observer, that they work very well together. not sure exactly what it is but it's working & must be hell to play against. No coincidence that we're averaging about 3 goals a game across all comps

It's always interesting to see which players hit it off. In his first 1.5 seasons Suarez had a really good relationship with Kuyt and then if you look at 2013/14 highlights a surprising number of his goals came from Henderson assists.

11 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

it's been very noticeable this season, even to a casual observer, that they work very well together. not sure exactly what it is but it's working & must be hell to play against. No coincidence that we're averaging about 3 goals a game across all comps

Nunez seems to pass it to Salah more than he does other players. They linked well in the win away to Spurs last year with Nunez stopping in the box and giving it to Salah to score. I'd pass to Salah at every opportunity too.

5 hours ago, Swipe said:

Man’s a machine.

Pretty amazing that of all the possible combinations of players in the Prem (of which there's several hundred or even thousands) Salah occupies 4 of the top 20.  Also just bodes well for the team as a whole. 

3 hours ago, PaulMcC186 said:

Nunez seems to pass it to Salah more than he does other players. They linked well in the win away to Spurs last year with Nunez stopping in the box and giving it to Salah to score. I'd pass to Salah at every opportunity too.

All his assists have been Salah, unless the saved shot Jota scored from counts

28 minutes ago, honourablegeorge said:

9 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Or the deliberate assist off the post for Gravenberch 🤥

And the one for the own goals by Leicester and Villa(?) off the post and then onto the defender.

4 hours ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

I think it's a partnership that would have struggled five years ago without Bobby between them but Mo is adapting his game and isn't always looking to be the focal point of the attack 

4 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Those stats can't be right. Mo is dead selfish apparently 

I love this as a hot take from knobheads.

Most seasons he's been here, as well as being our top goalscorer Mo's also been our leading "assister" too. Only one season has he been outside the top 3 for assists.

13 hours ago, honourablegeorge said:

Some places don't count them as assists. I think they're more of an assist than passing the ball to someone 20 yards from goal who then skins 3 players and scores.

Edited by PaulMcC186