By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

EU Referendum

DazzlaJ

EU Referendum  

327 members have voted

1. 1. In, out, undecided

• Stay
    • Leave
    • Not sure

This poll is closed to new votes

• 1 month later...

Guardian - The Opinium survey – coming a week after the minister in charge of Brexit, Lord Frost, resigned from Boris Johnson’s government – also found that 42% of people who voted Leave in 2016 had a negative view of how Brexit had turned out so far.

26% of Leave supporters said it had gone worse than they expected, while 16% of those who voted for Brexit said they had expected it to go badly and had been proved right.

Among people who voted Remain, 86% said it had gone badly or worse than they expected. Overall, just 14% of all voters said Brexit had gone better than expected.

Over to you, Ms Truss

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PaulMcC186 said:

EU are horrible c****

When you decide that you no longer share common policies then you need to start again. It’s not about being a c***,  it’s about coming to agreements n policies  which the uk seems incapable of doing amongst themselves never mind with others.

2 hours ago, Romario said:

When you decide that you no longer share common policies then you need to start again. It’s not about being a c***,  it’s about coming to agreements n policies  which the uk seems incapable of doing amongst themselves never mind with others.

The EU are as bad as the UK in loads of ways. They're immigration policies are probably even worse.

33 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

The EU are as bad as the UK in loads of ways. They're immigration policies are probably even worse.

I wasn’t talking about who is better or worse. I was bringing up the point that once you decide you no longer follow regulations you previously helped write then you can’t complain when someone asks you to redefine them before agreeing to new terms. 
We are simply talking about contractual obligations. Once you leave the EU 40 years of contracts need to be re written because the uk has decided it has a better idea of how things work even though they haven’t clarified them. 
Just rules we all agree too. Common policies that help everyone remove the red tape ironically promised by this government which haven’t happened. 
Once you say I’m not following certain rules that doesn’t make the other person a c*** if they ask you to clarify what it is you want. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/12/2021 at 23:25, Romario said:

I wasn’t talking about who is better or worse. I was bringing up the point that once you decide you no longer follow regulations you previously helped write then you can’t complain when someone asks you to redefine them before agreeing to new terms. 
We are simply talking about contractual obligations. Once you leave the EU 40 years of contracts need to be re written because the uk has decided it has a better idea of how things work even though they haven’t clarified them. 
Just rules we all agree too. Common policies that help everyone remove the red tape ironically promised by this government which haven’t happened. 
Once you say I’m not following certain rules that doesn’t make the other person a c*** if they ask you to clarify what it is you want. 

The problem is actually that the withdrawal agreement largely left the regulations in place until the UK decided (at a subsequent date) to enact new ones. This was because you could not possibly replace 40 years of EU Directives, Regulations and Rules which had largely been enacted as Acts of Parliament or Statutory Instruments overnight or within any reasonable period so the status quo ante became the default position. This overlooked the fact that the status quo ante is actually different in many cases if you are not a member state which is what the UK became overnight when the transition period ended. 

The problem is then compounded when the UK turns around and says to the EU that it wants to be treated differently to every other country outside the EU and seeks to re-negotiate the terms upon which it left.

10 hours ago, RaoulD said:

The problem is actually that the withdrawal agreement largely left the regulations in place until the UK decided (at a subsequent date) to enact new ones. This was because you could not possibly replace 40 years of EU Directives, Regulations and Rules which had largely been enacted as Acts of Parliament or Statutory Instruments overnight or within any reasonable period so the status quo ante became the default position. This overlooked the fact that the status quo ante is actually different in many cases if you are not a member state which is what the UK became overnight when the transition period ended. 

The problem is then compounded when the UK turns around and says to the EU that it wants to be treated differently to every other country outside the EU and seeks to re-negotiate the terms upon which it left.

II I remember this clearly the Tories  literally copied and pasted EU reg of 40 years and made it the UK's (for now) because they had no time/inclination or people to re work all the regulations. Boom Brexit delivered and it was easy. Problem is you might as well be in the EU as it's same rules applied but none of the say. Plus now that you're out some of those rules now don't apply. Members only. So....

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but all they were doing is buying time.

Edited by Romario
  • Like 1

Talking of women, the DUP are incandescent with the UUP leader's Tweet about a joke including Edwin Poots' wife, but, of course, they're batting away all the criticism of them mooing at the Women's Coalition, saying their members around the peace talks table should be polishing it, and that Arlene Foster's job is as a wife and mother.

• 2 weeks later...