By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Darwin Núñez

Frosty Jack

17 minutes ago, Romario said:

If his conversation rate could just be average he’s hitting 20 plus goals a season no problems. Above average or Jota levels of conversion and he’s up there with Haaland while being more fun to watch and more of a general menace. 
If it clicked soon we are winning the league. 

step 1: send him to a speech therapist & get him to talk faster

step 2: watch the goals fly in

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

He's playing well. Surprised he didn't score last night, there were signs his composure was improving with his good controlled finishes against Bournemouth and Norwich. 

Maybe in time he'll be thought of like Firmino, who wasn't a consistently good finisher but most people didn't care cos he was contributing in other ways. Nunez is nothing like him but he's still creating.

Edited by PaulMcC186

1 hour ago, Ombudsam said:

Fine margins. Part of the perception issue is the tumbleweed after his goal at the weekend and then the vibrancy in this thread after last night, when he was ace and would have been ridiculous if each shot had moved a couple of inches

He's a No 9. There are lots of good elements to his play but you don't feel confident he is going to score right now, and he needs to get better - whether that's technically or in his composure and anticipation - I'm not sure what the main cause is tbh, as some of strikes are very well hit - and if and when he gets better at scoring then he will be rightly lauded and more to the point we will be in with an even better chance of winning things.

If he scores say 12-15 league goals between now and end of season we will probably win the league

29 minutes ago, surf said:

step 1: send him to a speech therapist & get him to talk faster

step 2: watch the goals fly in

I absolutely love predictive text. Louvre it! 

• Haha 2

I must be the only one who thought he was unlucky with all his attempts, the connection on all his shots were brilliant.....there's literally inches if that in it. 

On the pen I was half celebrating as soon as I saw the keeper go the wrong way, looked in all the way until I heard the crack off the post. He went with too much precision and pace at the same time but nothing wrong at all with the execution. The keeper would've have no chance if it was on target, I've seen players scuff pens into the turf and it's trickled in.....these are the lucky moments that NEVER seem to fall his way.

Edited by Binomial
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Florist Cinema Pond Goal said:

Before he was just hitting the keeper. Now he’s aiming for the edge of the goal and hitting the woodwork. 

The world isn’t ready for when he starts hitting it in between 

I also think if he doesn't eat as many Haribos in the dressing room it will help 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stressederic said:

Missing penalties drives me absolutely mad. Though the one thing I'll say about Nunez's effort last night is that it was a better effort than some of Salah's recent misses.

Yeah agree with that. Don't think his finishing was an issue last night but you have to score pens..

On 20/12/2023 at 22:49, Cam said:

League Cup final... It's gone to penalties. They've just missed their first sudden death one. Up steps our lad to win it. It's Darwin.

What does he do?

And now? 

:cold:

41 minutes ago, Binomial said:

I must be the only one who thought he was unlucky with all his attempts, the connection on all his shots were brilliant.....there's literally inches if that in it. 

On the pen I was half celebrating as soon as I saw the keeper go the wrong way, looked in all the way until I heard the crack off the post. He went with too much precision and pace at the same time but nothing wrong at all with the execution. The keeper would've have no chance if it was on target, I've seen players scuff pens into the turf and it's trickled in.....these are the lucky moments that NEVER seem to fall his way.

He was unlucky - it’s bonkers that he’s hit the woodwork 12 times and the most in the rest of the league is 4.

The only one I had an issue with was the header, that annoyed me far more than the penalty. Surely he’s been coached to head that downwards. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Leo No.8 said:

He was unlucky - it’s bonkers that he’s hit the woodwork 12 times and the most in the rest of the league is 4.

The only one I had an issue with was the header, that annoyed me far more than the penalty. Surely he’s been coached to head that downwards. 

If he would've headed it downwards I think we all know he would've headed it hard enough into the ground to bounce up and over the bar......that's the way it happens to be going for him right now.

But I agree he really had to be scoring there given the quality of Robbo's cross and how far out he was, over half the net was gaping for him to stick it away. 

Edited by Binomial

42 minutes ago, Binomial said:

If he would've headed it downwards I think we all know he would've headed it hard enough into the ground to bounce up and over the bar......that's the way it happens to be going for him right now.

But I agree he really had to be scoring there given the quality of Robbo's cross and how far out he was, over half the net was gaping for him to stick it away. 

Haha yeah probably!

The pen is literally an inch or two from perfect, and the two early on were super strikes very unlucky. The header bothers me because it’s easy, head it down and it almost certainly goes in, know when to do it easy.

His problem is when he tries to do too much, and that’s the perfect example. Its like he’s trying to head it in the top corner. This one is basics.

Still love him though, he’s just boss.

Edited by Leo No.8
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leo No.8 said:

His problem is when he tries to do too much, and that’s the perfect example. Its like he’s trying to head it in the top corner. This one is basics.

Still love him though, he’s just boss.

100% - he's the embodiment of a striker trying too hard to score.

1 hour ago, stressederic said:

Missing penalties drives me absolutely mad. Though the one thing I'll say about Nunez's effort last night is that it was a better effort than some of Salah's recent misses.

Of course the key question- Has it boosted or lowered his XG?

1 hour ago, WillG said:

100% - he's the embodiment of a striker trying too hard to score.

Whilst Jota is the opposite, he’s brilliant at finding the right finish, which is sometimes scuffing it in. If he doesn’t need to go right for the corner he doesn’t (see his goal yesterday).

Darwins miss against Luton is a great example of when you really just need to let the ball hit you - thigh, knee whatever and it’ll go in. He tried to strike it from a yard out and it went straight up.

32 minutes ago, Leo No.8 said:

Whilst Jota is the opposite, he’s brilliant at finding the right finish, which is sometimes scuffing it in. If he doesn’t need to go right for the corner he doesn’t (see his goal yesterday).

Darwins miss against Luton is a great example of when you really just need to let the ball hit you - thigh, knee whatever and it’ll go in. He tried to strike it from a yard out and it went straight up.

Yeah, Jota can score with his eyes closed but he is an exceptionally gifted player.

Darwin is more of a force of nature.

57 minutes ago, 5InIstanbul said:

If you went home and found Darwin in bed with your Mrs, you'd make him a brew and tuck him in,

As long as he didn’t wipe his dick on my curtains, I’d be fine.