By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Harvey Elliott

growler

2 hours ago, Angry Carroll said:

Happy for him to have reached his 100th.

He is obviously talented but I'd sell him if a decent offer came in. His physical limitations are there. Slow and one footed. Kinda short.

Thought he had a quite poor game tbh. For all his involvement/touches stats last night I thought he was left on his own by Luton. Looked like a tactical choice to me. Protecting the middle of the pitch they could run sideways and catch up to him no matter where he was. Doubling up centrally and leaving him be but still getting to him in time almost every time.

Good goal though. 

I had a poster of Sammy Lee on the wall as a kid so I'm not a heightist. 

God knows why I chose to post this after a very enjoyable game. Probably because the youth coming through looks so promising. 

You're just a s*** Angry Carroll

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Angry Carroll said:

Happy for him to have reached his 100th.

He is obviously talented but I'd sell him if a decent offer came in. His physical limitations are there. Slow and one footed. Kinda short.

Thought he had a quite poor game tbh. For all his involvement/touches stats last night I thought he was left on his own by Luton. Looked like a tactical choice to me. Protecting the middle of the pitch they could run sideways and catch up to him no matter where he was. Doubling up centrally and leaving him be but still getting to him in time almost every time.

Good goal though. 

I had a poster of Sammy Lee on the wall as a kid so I'm not a heightist. 

God knows why I chose to post this after a very enjoyable game. Probably because the youth coming through looks so promising. 

Not unreasonable to think he’s 1 that could potentially make way if an offer came in that were too good to refuse. Not sure he’ll ever break the first team mould and be a regular starter and at some point you’ll think he be wanting  to test himself elsewhere, think he’ll stay around a few seasons longer before anything happens.

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Binomial said:

Not unreasonable to think he’s 1 that could potentially make way if an offer came in that were too good to refuse. Not sure he’ll ever break the first team mould and be a regular starter and at some point you’ll think he be wanting  to test himself elsewhere, think he’ll stay around a few seasons longer before anything happens.

A hundred games. Before he’s twenty years old. Quicker than Trent, Gerrard, Rush, Fowler, Thommo, Emlyn, thousands of others, AND he was out for best part of a year with a bad injury caused by a grock.

But he’s ’not good enough’.

Ok.

6 minutes ago, Case said:

A hundred games. Before he’s twenty years old. Quicker than Trent, Gerrard, Rush, Fowler, Thommo, Emlyn, thousands of others, AND he was out for best part of a year with a bad injury caused by a grock.

Ok.

It's a great milestone for him to reach, no doubt. All those players were regulars in the side well before they reached 100 games though, Harvey isn't quite there & I haven't seen anything to suggest he will be. That's not to say 'he's not good enough'. You don't need to read much more into in than that.

Edited by Binomial
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Case said:

Ok.

:nono:

1 hour ago, Case said:

Ok.

Yeah - and he's still the best part of 3 years younger than Curtis Jones.  Younger than Quansah. Younger than Bradley

People talk about him like he's wasted a career at Liverpool and needs to move on. He's a baby, with loads of room to improve.

• Upvote 8

55 minutes ago, honourablegeorge said:

Yeah - and he's still the best part of 3 years younger than Curtis Jones.  Younger than Quansah. Younger than Bradley

People talk about him like he's wasted a career at Liverpool and needs to move on. He's a baby, with loads of room to improve.

And he's got the right game l intelligence and attitude to do that 

1 hour ago, honourablegeorge said:

Totally, 4 years between season 20-21 when Curtis started getting lots of games, and this season where he's arguably become the player we all hoped he would. Harvey's in only his 2nd year of playing regularly for us. Takes time to learn what's needed at the highest level, especially for midfield roles.

Harvey was much more of an attacking player too, but has adapted his game massively, he's nothing like what he was when he started out. And he'll continue to develop and change, and get stronger. He's been hugely influential off the bench loads of times this season. 

Don't get the rush to knock him, he's a fantastic young player.

Edited by honourablegeorge
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Angry Carroll said:

I apologise for my train wreck of an a******* post. 

I have no excuse for that. I won’t be doing it again and appreciate being set straight. 

The one where you said Harvey might not hit the heights? That requires an apology?

2 hours ago, honourablegeorge said:

Yeah. He’s this good at 20. There is potentially so much more to come. Just give it a minute.

13 hours ago, Angry Carroll said:

I apologise for my train wreck of an a******* post. 

I have no excuse for that. I won’t be doing it again and appreciate being set straight. 

I didn't agree with the contents but you backed up what you said with arguments so the downvotes were a bit unfair. All good!

Thanks Hassony 😂

• Downvote 4

Just now, surf said:

I didn't agree with the contents but you backed up what you said with arguments so the downvotes were a bit unfair. All good!

People are sheep, they see a downvote and they add to it 

Let's see if me theory is right and if you get more downvotes 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Let's see if me theory is right and if you get more downvotes 

do i have to be the guinea pig in your sheep analogy?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hassony said:

I’ve downvoted for the LOLs but now feel like you’re repressing me due to my national identity. You unfeeling b*****d. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ombudsam said:

The one where you said Harvey might not hit the heights? That requires an apology?

I felt it did. I'm 50 and the post was embarrassing and s***. After one of the best games I'd seen for quite some time I chose to pick on a 20 year old who played his 100th game for us. I could wish it was only absurd but it's not. It's s***.

I actually thought he was good second half at the time as well. I'm trying to be a decent person but I'm struggling with loads of crap atm and the alcohol induced break I gave myself backfired as they usually do. Negativity seeped in or rather it seeped out. To be clear I'm not blaming the drink, it's all me. 

I don't want to turn this into a North Korean self-criticising circle but I did find it bad enough to apologise. I'm not keen on that side of myself at all. I'll leave it at that.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Upvote 7