By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Gaming

Leo No.8

3 minutes ago, Swipe said:

So good.

Started Red Dead Redemption on the PS4 but it’s annoying me how much horse riding I have to do whilst listening to a lad just up ahead talk s***e.

Just think of it as a match thread on here in between goals being scored.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

So good.

Started Red Dead Redemption on the PS4 but it’s annoying me how much horse riding I have to do whilst listening to a lad just up ahead talk s***e.

It's funny cos it's true. I started it last week - it's good.

I played Death Stranding before that - that was good too but I've no idea what actually happened by the end

3 hours ago, Gethin said:

I've been trying to avoid buying the new FM. I really want to avoid falling down that wormhole and Liverpool will be too bloody easy now and I'd have to resort to playing as either Newport County or Guincamp in France

I played like 2014 or something but it was getting overly complex. 01/02 was most fun

3 hours ago, oakie bob said:

I followed these instructions

https://macretro.co.uk/2017/09/05/installing-championship-manager-0102-on-mac-linux/

I have it running on High Sierra as I still boot one of my external hard drives into this OS, just for that and streaming games 

does it just work on the Mac OS, or is it like Parallels & you have to go to a MS Windows environment?

3 hours ago, stressederic said:

I finished Jedi Fallen Order yesterday which was good. And also justifiable as 'important research'. Now gone back to Red Dead Redemption 2.

I'll hopefully finish that and then get a proper crack at Zelda on the Switch but my gf is hooked on both Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley, so I'll let her have that for the forseeable future.

Do you have to spend a couple of hours on Fallen order for it to really get going? I’m an hour or 2 in but a little underwhelmed so far :( seems a bit like “let’s mix uncharted with mass effect and add a lightsaber and surely that will make a great game.” But I’m going to persist and see where it goes!

I’ve not done anywhere near as much gaming as I’d have liked over last couple years. Spend more time sourcing and hoarding Retro stuff!

But I’m really looking forward to trying the new Doom. The last one was great. My favourite PS4 games out of the entire catalogue have been Horizon Zero Dawn and the winner by a mile; God of War. That’s based on single player modes btw, I don’t bother with online stuff. 

Edited by crisps

I've got emulators galore on my nvidia shield. 80s arcade games  plus a whole host of console games from the old 8 bit era. Mega drive snez game boy etc etc. 1000s of games. 

If you know what you're doing on kodi there's an repo/addon full of them. 

None of this new modern era gaming for me! 😂 

I'm on PS4. If you're into Single Player games, definitely recommend God of War; one of the best games I've played. It's the only game I've got the Platinum trophy on too. Also worth keeping an eye out for the free games you get with PS Plus; you can get some good ones.

I used to play Fortnite a lot when it first came out - Seasons 1,2 and possibly 3, won quite a few games. But then when people got better and better with building, I couldn't compete and sacked it off. Warzone (and formerly Blackout on BO4) are better Battle Royale games for me.

Anyway, I've bought the Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection for PC and working my way through it. Bringing back old memories.

Call of Duty Warzone is something i'm playing on my lunch hour at home, its free to play if you don't have the full game.

FF7 Remake is out next week with expected early delivery that will keep me occupied 

34 minutes ago, Jay M said:

I'm on PS4. If you're into Single Player games, definitely recommend God of War; one of the best games I've played. It's the only game I've got the Platinum trophy on too. Also worth keeping an eye out for the free games you get with PS Plus; you can get some good ones.

I used to play Fortnite a lot when it first came out - Seasons 1,2 and possibly 3, won quite a few games. But then when people got better and better with building, I couldn't compete and sacked it off. Warzone (and formerly Blackout on BO4) are better Battle Royale games for me.

Anyway, I've bought the Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection for PC and working my way through it. Bringing back old memories.

Yeah God of War is excellent

I finished Red Dead Redemption a few months back. Really enjoyed it and the prologue bit at the end I actually found more enjoyable than the main game, so it's definitely worth sticking with 

Sekiro is nails, I don't have the patience for a game like that or Dark Souls.. I'd seriously leave dents in my wall and broken controllers all over the place

Good shout on the PS Plus games. Think this month it's going to be Uncharted 4, which is brilliant 

9 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

I finished Red Dead Redemption a few months back. Really enjoyed it and the prologue bit at the end I actually found more enjoyable than the main game, so it's definitely worth sticking with 

Sekiro is nails, I don't have the patience for a game like that or Dark Souls.. I'd seriously leave dents in my wall and broken controllers all over the place

Good shout on the PS Plus games. Think this month it's going to be Uncharted 4, which is brilliant 

I bought the Dark Souls trilogy thinking I'd give them a go in prep to play Sekiro. Nah! I couldn't hack it.

Just seen the April games. The Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 Collection was on the free list back in January too.

Also, for those that aren't aware, you can purchase the games and not download them to save space on the HDD - they sit in your library. This is more for when you have an issue like me where you have games like COD taking up 150GB each. 

9 hours ago, crisps said:

Do you have to spend a couple of hours on Fallen order for it to really get going? I’m an hour or 2 in but a little underwhelmed so far :( seems a bit like “let’s mix uncharted with mass effect and add a lightsaber and surely that will make a great game.” But I’m going to persist and see where it goes!

Stick with it... The enjoyment comes from unlocking the abilities and seeing the character develop. It's a great game. I finished it pretty quickly at Christmas as had a few days to myself, but it's unusual for me to devote so much time to one game over a short period and that kinda says a lot about how much I enjoyed it. Its not perfect, some gameplay mechanics irritated me, but overall it was really enjoyable. Whether I would have enjoyed it as much if it wasn't wrapped up in a Star Wars universe I dunno. 

8 minutes ago, Benzo-13 said:

Dark Souls 3 is insanely hard. Have it years and still stuck on first boss! 🤣

a couple of years back I was working from home and was tempted to get it and a mate was playing it on Steam. So he told me to watch his broadcast. I carried on working with his broadcast on in the background and I watched him spend about 2 hours trying to beat the same boss.... getting beat each time and my mate trying again over and over and slightly changing his approach each time.. Fair play to anyone who has finished that game

I bought Ni-oh a few years back when it came out... tried it and it pissed me right off with how difficult it was, so I returned it and the sales assistant said he had 3 returns that day with the reason being 'its too f***ing hard' 😁

1 hour ago, Barnesy_10 said:

PS Plus is brilliant - we actually got Titanfall 2 for free through it, and recently downloaded all the Bioshock trilogy which I’ve started but yet to play through. 

Harry got Fallen Order as one of his Christmas presents and we got started and through a few levels but haven’t picked it back up yet, we found it a little bit slow I’d say but will give it another go.

The programming on that level on Titanfall  2 where you use the device to time travel must be impressive! I’ve not seen that in a game before and we absolutely loved it! 

1 hour ago, Barnesy_10 said:

a couple of years back I was working from home and was tempted to get it and a mate was playing it on Steam. So he told me to watch his broadcast. I carried on working with his broadcast on in the background and I watched him spend about 2 hours trying to beat the same boss.... getting beat each time and my mate trying again over and over and slightly changing his approach each time.. Fair play to anyone who has finished that game

I bought Ni-oh a few years back when it came out... tried it and it pissed me right off with how difficult it was, so I returned it and the sales assistant said he had 3 returns that day with the reason being 'its too f***ing hard' 😁

I managed to clear the first phase of No-oh from London to Japan and was well proud of myself! It’s rock hard I agree. You practically have to sit on top of the screen to time the dodging mechanics.

Spider-Man is a good game. Also Days Gone and the new Resi remakes. Bit apt with this stuff floating about.

5 minutes ago, Benzo-13 said:

I managed to clear the first phase of No-oh from London to Japan and was well proud of myself! It’s rock hard I agree. You practically have to sit on top of the screen to time the dodging mechanics.

Spider-Man is a good game. Also Days Gone and the new Resi remakes. Bit apt with this stuff floating about.

Yeah SpiderMan is excellent... my youngest is into Fortnite and Spiderman is the only game to distract him from Fortnite until he completed it... now hes all about Fortnite now

Anyone with a Switch I totally recommend Mario Maker. Its basically create your own Mario Levels... its a lot of fun and 'educational' at the same time. 

I picked up Witcher 3 Game of the Year edition but really can't get into the whole talking a lot side of things... I can see its a very good game but its not for me so am gonna flog that

Edited by Barnesy_10