Sign in to follow this  
Leo No.8

Gaming

With nothing else to fill spare time with, has anyone else found solace in the PS4 or X-Box? I’m totally addicted to a game called Apex Legends which is a bit like Fortnite. Never had the time before! 

Been meaning to get back online, is Apex battle royale style?

@Dan did you get a online Nintendo pass? Is it any good?

Edited by Hus

I wish I had time and opportunity for doing a bit of gaming. Don't think it'd go down too well on a number of fronts if I suddenly started doing that stuff again.  

16 minutes ago, Hus said:

I have mate yes. £17.99 I think it was. Works well. Only done Mario Kart online and got battered everytime 😁

My brother brought me round his PS3 to use and I haven't got a f***ing clue what I am doing with it. 

29 minutes ago, Hus said:

Yeah it is but a bit more action than Fortnite which involves more farting about building stuff I don’t have the patience for. it’s probably more similar to Call of Duty. I played through a game called Titanfall 2 with my lad (which is brilliant) and it’s based on that.

I love the teamwork element - you can ping stuff to your teammates so you don’t need to be talking etc. I’m a night owl so busy in the day still with home schooling, some work and doing stuff round the house but when everyone heads off to bed I’m on it! 

Needed something for my competitive urges now I can’t play footy or golf or watch Liverpool. It’s kept me sane!

Edited by Leo No.8

Call of Duty Warzone is free to play lads and its Fortnite/Apex but wrapped in a CoD wrapper... Its proper brilliant. Much prefer it to Apex

I agree Titanfall 2 is a brilliant game though.. Same developers as Apex 

I have been playing on my switch a lot recently. Been playing Animal Crossing, which got released at a perfect time the week the self isolation triggered. Its very cute and very Nintendo but great to chill out to. 

Been playing backgammon on my phone

won my first 5 then lost the last one on the last roll of the dice - had 3 counters left and double 1would have been ok

opponent had 2 left and a 2 and 1 sufficed 

and the doubling dice was on 16 😟

just blew the dust off my PS4, playing 1886 The order, forgot how good it was.  Fifa 20 has been reduced to £23 in the PS store, now haven't played FIFA since 97 or 98. reckon i will be crap at now 

I had a break from it for about 6 months or so but I've got back into it again now - still PS4 here

29 minutes ago, Dan said:

Been looking at Animal Crossing for the kids as well. 

It is very good. Daily routine type thing and collect stuff and see things evolve with cool characters. I just like the chilled nature of it and it's all real-time as well so the time of day is reflected in the game 

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

It is very good. Daily routine type thing and collect stuff and see things evolve with cool characters. I just like the chilled nature of it and it's all real-time as well so the time of day is reflected in the game 

Can you have multiple players in the same game mate?

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Can you have multiple players in the same game mate?

The player creates an island and you can connect with friends and visit each others islands but you can't have two players on one switch. Have to be on separate switch's to do it with separate profiles. So it's not like a traditional split screen game on one device type thing unfortunately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I have mate yes. £17.99 I think it was. Works well. Only done Mario Kart online and got battered everytime 😁

Great, I'll sign up and then we can battle to be 7th and 8th :D

1 hour ago, Leo No.8 said:

Yeah it is but a bit more action than Fortnite which involves more farting about building stuff I don’t have the patience for. it’s probably more similar to Call of Duty. I played through a game called Titanfall 2 with my lad (which is brilliant) and it’s based on that.

I love the teamwork element - you can ping stuff to your teammates so you don’t need to be talking etc. I’m a night owl so busy in the day still with home schooling, some work and doing stuff round the house but when everyone heads off to bed I’m on it! 

Needed something for my competitive urges now I can’t play footy or golf or watch Liverpool. It’s kept me sane!

My nephews love Fortnite, I tried once or twice, I'm just so crap at FPS games!

• Love 1

I've been trying to avoid buying the new FM. I really want to avoid falling down that wormhole and Liverpool will be too bloody easy now and I'd have to resort to playing as either Newport County or Guincamp in France

10 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

was trying to DL Footy Manager 01/02 - it's been updated with current players & available free, but on a Mac it's a ballache to do 

I followed these instructions

https://macretro.co.uk/2017/09/05/installing-championship-manager-0102-on-mac-linux/

I have it running on High Sierra as I still boot one of my external hard drives into this OS, just for that and streaming games 

Found a ridiculously addictive footy phone game called Head Ball 2, you play against other people across the world so plenty of needle involved as well.

ive the PS4, haven't been on it much as footie manager 20 has sucked me in. i play a fair bit of poker online to pass the time too

I finished Jedi Fallen Order yesterday which was good. And also justifiable as 'important research'. Now gone back to Red Dead Redemption 2.

I'll hopefully finish that and then get a proper crack at Zelda on the Switch but my gf is hooked on both Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley, so I'll let her have that for the forseeable future.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

I've just bought Zelda for the Nintendo Switch. It's great.

So good.

Started Red Dead Redemption on the PS4 but it’s annoying me how much horse riding I have to do whilst listening to a lad just up ahead talk s***e.

• Haha 2