Sign in to follow this  
growler

Owens new book

This amused me from Twitter

If I was on a desert island with Michael Owen and a tin of corned beef, I'd eat Michael Owen and talk to the corned beef

Was this in 2004 when it looks like Owen is talking about or earlier. 

He was 34 in 2004. 

I'm pretty sure it was around 2002-2003 time. I think the rationale was that Houllier thought he might be a Gary Mac figure for the squad.

I'm pretty sure it was around 2002-2003 time. I think the rationale was that Houllier thought he might be a Gary Mac figure for the squad.

yes was around that time, it was pretty much done according to the person I knew, Shearer got cold feet over the Newcastle fans reaction and backed out.  I am pretty sure he still had his house in Formby from his Blacknurn days

This amused me from Twitter

If I was on a desert island with Michael Owen and a tin of corned beef, I'd eat Michael Owen and talk to the corned beef

a few posts down from that: Jaap Spam

This bit is gloriously gibberish

But... sitting here now, with the benefit of hindsight and perspective, I feel that what David did probably wasn’t a red card offence in the first place. While it was clearly pre-meditated, it was immature and petulant more than it was violent. But for me, that almost makes it worse.

Latest excerpt; he is still resentful towards Beckham for getting sent off against Argentina.

Me too

It was a f***ing stupid thing to do born out of the arrogance & petulance that was allowed to fester in him by Ferguson at Utd.

222 club goals, 40 international goals, and not a set of fans who hold him in any real affection. Plus he now seeks intent on falling out with half the lads he played with.

Strange career he had. Maybe if he'd come along at a different time he'd have stayed with us and become a legend but who knows, just didn't seem that was how he was wired.

If youd told me when he was 20 he'd only get 168 league goals in his career I'd have thought you were mad. He's only two years older than Ibrahimovic but was basically done as he was just starting to come to prominence.

He describes people hating him for going to Man U as 'fancentric nonsense'.

Which is a pretty good description of football in general.

I prefer...

Was it the season after the 98 world cup when he scored that hat trick away to Newcastle? He was bloody brilliant then.

If there’s ever a global zombie apocalypse, I hope he’s in the first few thousand to perish.

Not because I hate him.

”Not because I hate him”

He probably thinks it’s even worse then.