By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Daniel Sturridge

The_Adder

Let's not pan him too much. He wasnt at his best granted. He still pulled them all over the shop to create space and occupy defenders. If he still delivers that on an off day against a very good side it's not so bad.

Some of his movement was great, it just looked like his touch was all to s****.

True - I accept I am being harsh, especially considering the result.

Agree, his pace in itself poses a threat and occupies defenders, and yes his touch was s****.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's just been over excited in the last couple of games - snatching at chances and trying to strike the ball too hard, over doing the step overs and over running the ball. It's kind of understandable, but I hope if he's not out injured that he can settle himself down a bit. Been amazing this season regardless.

He's just been over excited in the last couple of games - snatching at chances and trying to strike the ball too hard, over doing the step overs and over running the ball. It's kind of understandable, but I hope if he's not out injured that he can settle himself down a bit. Been amazing this season regardless.

Agree, has been exceptional for the majority of the season, not his usual self in the last couple.

I think he's trying too hard if that makes sense, snatching at chances and trying to take on too many players.

I think people's expecatations are really high. Were we not playing against a team with the third best defensive record and conceded only two from seven games before our game?

He would have assisted at least one and scored at least one if they have worse defenders. I thought Demichelis and Kompany played well against Suarez and Sturridge.

I really hope he's not injured. He's crucial to our run in.

Just watching a replay.

Its even more infuriating watching him, poor decision making, that instance when Zabaletta tackled him after he ran into the box, had he passed it Luis was wide open and would have had a 1 on 1 vs Hart.

He also wasn't tracking back or closing down, lots of standing around with his arms in the air, his poorest game since he joined.

He was still on the floor when they scored their equaliser

Still nothing on his injury?

Strange, isn't it?

I've heard everything from "he'll play on Sunday" to "he'll miss the rest of the season and the World Cup" ... oh yeah, including "he was faking anyway".